Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.4

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

First visit has a company tour along with verbal and numeracy tests and personality test.

Interview Questions

• How your efforts in procurement will improve operating profit of the company?   1 Answer

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job and then about 3 weeks after i got an email saying i had been accepted as an applicant and that they would like me to complete some online tests. The test consisted of a personality test, a mechanical comprehension test, a verbal reasoning test and a numerical reasoning test. After a week they got back to me and said that i had been accepted to an interview at their base in Hinckley. The interview was very much just to get to know me, they used the personality test I completed to see if it was accurate and asked me questions about the answers I gave. Other than that it was typical 'why do you want to work for Triumph?' and 'Where do you want to be in 10 years?'.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in June 2013.

Interview

This was a Structured assessment day. In the morning was sat in a group to psychometric, verbal and numerical Tests in the morning. We waiting in the foyer while this was marked and then we had a more structured interview in the afternoon. People that failed the test were sent home before the interview

Interview Questions

• many formally structured questions, including "describe this engine part and how it works"   1 Answer

Powertrain Engineer (Graduate) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in October 2012.

Interview

You will be reqired to complete assessments based on numerical and mechanical aptitude along with a personality test. Once you've passed this stage, you'll be asked to attend an interview at the factory in Hinckley with team leaders within the department and take a fault-finding assessment. The final stage would involve meeting with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• You will be given components and be required to answer questions along the lines of manufacturing processes, material selection and the effects of applied loads   Answer Question

Production & Materials Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournville, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Bournville, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Internal interview with two members of staff, scheduling and logistics managers.
    Comprised of 45 minutes of interview questions. A written (mathematical) exercise lasted 30 minutes was a simulation of a working day in the office.

Interview Questions

• What would the course of action be if the material does not arrive on time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website and within a month I received an email to complete psychometric tests. Once clearing that I was phoned to schedule an interview at their headquarters in Hinckley. I am based in the Rep. Of Ireland and after flying over a day before with some preparation done I did a fault finding test which was not too difficult then a 1 hour personal interview and 1 hour technical interview. Everything was fine, communicating was fine and I was told that it usually took a few weeks to get feedback.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about part of a bike frame. Like material, how it was put together and made, difference between forging and casting, materials failure mechanisms, FEA test set ups   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in January 2015.

Interview

Group exercise and an interview in the same day. The question of the group exercise was about a factory layout. Did not manage to get to the interview, but the overall experience was good as we were taken on a factory tour. Before that i had to do 4 online tests: mechanical understanding, personality questionaire, numerical reasoning and a weird test I have never done before, testing mostly your ability to work fast with data and memorise things.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of this part?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview itself was very good, interviewers put you at ease, but the amount of testing required for an admin position was over the top. Plus which after working there I don't think they use the test scores properly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Triumph?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

2 sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. 4 interviewer in total. Generally laid back and interested in me.
    Unprofessional management before and after the interview by HR - it all was handled by a very junior employee so I guess that's why. It took a long time to get my reimboursement for my travel. Since I came from overseas I was expecting one or more phone calls before an actual meeting, but I had to fly there without ever speaking to anybody. The pre-interview tests (online) were very boring.

Interview Questions

• Guess all the design features and the technologies used to manufacture a part of one of their products.   Answer Question

Chassis Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an online assessment followed by two on site interviews (the second interview is dependent on your success in the first). I was made an offer of a graduate position, at no point prior to or during the interview process was I told I would only be considered for a graduate position. Triumphs graduate salary offer is a fantastic offer for a graduate, but it was not in line with my expectations. I felt this was an unfair offer given I had 2 years industrial experience as an engineer and a PhD in engineering. The offer was non negotiable and I therefore declined. I have since been employed by another motorcycle manufacturer which acknowledged my skills and made a fair offer.

Interview expense reimbursement was promised, however following my interview it took 5 months to be reimbursed. I had to constantly email and call in order to get these expenses refunded. My HR contact was a student on placement and was not competent, I suspect this was a major contribution in the lack of willingness to negotiate a salary and for the delay in expense reimbursement.

Interestingly I was asked to do the online assessment twice by two different HR personnel (there appeared to be a lack of internal communication). I was informed by the first HR contact that my online assessment was above average. The second said my result was unsatisfactory, despite the fact it was the same assessment as the first and I know I performed better the second time around. So I am not sure the purpose of the online assessments.

Overall I have a very negative impression of Triumph following this experience. Despite their best efforts to have a professional appearance in their attire and mannerisms, the actions of their staff did not support this image.

Interview Questions

• Using props you are asked what manufacturing process would be used to various components.   Answer Question