Tropical Smoothie Cafe Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

1.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Tuscaloosa, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview two weeks later. I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager in-store. The interview went smoothly and they called me back two days later for a working interview. Neither of the managers were present so I worked with a team member for the interview. I was told to come back the following Monday. When I arrived, the manager was there and gave me a tshirt. I helped make smoothies and acted as a runner. I was told that I could leave and was called into the office before I left. The manager spoke with me and informed me that there were not enough hours available for the current workers so they would keep my application of file and give me a call when they needed me. He told me that they would call me to pick up my check during the week although I have yet to receive a call and it's been four months.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I literally had no interview. I walked in and asked for a job, then i was asked when was the first time that I could come in for a shift. Once I came to my first shift, I wasn't interviewed, I was given a shirt, had to fill out some forms, and instantly began working. Overall It was a great experience because of the fact that I didn't have to do much to get the job but i felt a bit skeptical and sketched out by the environment since it was so easy to get an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy, normal questions asked and I was hired on spot nothing to complicated. The manager was really nice everyone was actually really nice and I was trained properly.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was incredibly easy. It was a two-part interview process. The first part, telling me I had gotten the job based on my online interview, and the second was a 5 minute interview where I was asked to "describe myself".

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Surprise, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Simply asked why I applied and how long I planned to stay. No real interest in the type of people they were hiring, simply trying to fill empty positions. I was offered the job on the condition that I could memorize the menu and the ingredients of the food and smoothies quickly and return later to pass a test. I did so by the next day only to find that most other employees took nearly a month to return for their test and were still hired.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.

Interview

Going in my interview, the store owner asked me the questions based on the paper was contained. Basically they're easy questions to answer but you need to make sure you answer them with good eye contact or else they can be confused on what they ask to answer for. I was nervous and the interviewer notice that and I tried to not think too much. But in the end, it turned out okay.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any complicated questions, you just need to have common sense on answering on what could/can happen during work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Sandy, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through Craigslist. They were hiring for a new store that is opening up in a couple weeks. The store was still getting ready so I had my interview in a construction zone. The interview was easy. She said she would let me know if I got the job either way by the next day. She never called at all. Overall, the interview was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If a total was 7.36 and the customer gave you 20, what would the change be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I walked in. I sat down with the manager at a table. I was asked to fill out an application. It was reviewed while I was asked several generic interview questions. Very laid back. I answered the questions with ease and was asked to start the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate in this particular interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Orlando, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

More like a convo than a bunch of questions. Kind of seemed like they'd hire anyone who seemed merely responsible. Very basic questions, and you don't need any job experience to become a team member. It was also pretty quick.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Referred to the store by a current employee, met the manager for 5 minutes, got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.