Tropicana Las Vegas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tropicana Las Vegas Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Tropicana Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews in total. First one was a group interview with HR, then with hotel managers, and the final one was with the hotel director. Interviewers were nice and easy going, and the questions are simple.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you were dealing with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Foodserver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tropicana Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Very poor. My resume has 35 years of f and b experience in mostly Forbes four and five star properties. I received a call to come in for interview. In 110 degree heat with a heart condition I showed up in a tie and jacket. Interviewer was 45 minutes late. There was one other person being interviewed. I was referred to as a "nerd" while I got up to get water(she uttered it to a guy sitting with her). (ADA issue, due to awkward appearance caused by disability). Interviewer was very biased. He walked back and forth in the hallway for 25 minutes. He then went into the interview room with the rep who called me for the interview. I could hear everything they were saying through the paper thin door and wall. Gave off perception of narrow minded addittudes and bias based upon their discussion. I went in second. The interviewer seemed to discount my reputation as one of the most loyal and hard working people around. He abruptly ended the interview, and I got a rejection email the next day. I felt the entire process was done with a lot of bias and the communication was atrocious, considering the sugar coated call I got the day before the interview. They also lost a good customer that day(me). Understand, this isn't Los Angeles, where they think everyone is supposed to be in their 20s with a movie star appearance.

Interview Questions

• Name me one situation where you appeased an un- happy guest.   Answer Question

Box Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tropicana Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NM).

Interview

Applied for the position online, received a call within a day to interview at HR. The people ask some tough questions and asked what my passions were. The box office manager explained he tends to micro-manage which turned me off. It seemed the manager and the HR agent in attendance were disinterested in me. I just felt like I was wasting their time. I've applied for other positions and have gotten the same "hoity toity" attitude from the people I interviewed with. I will not be applying for anymore jobs as the company has changed owners 3 times in the last 4 years. Does not look good.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself;
      Give an example of how you would handle guest conflict;
      Are you comfortable with multi-tasking?   Answer Question

Ticket Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tropicana Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

It was short and sweet, they asked me about my schedule, my beliefs on what creates a business, my beliefs on work life. Then shortly after I was required to get a drug test, a background check and then they offered me the job.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tropicana Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line. Received a call to schedule an interview within a week. I immediately got the job at the conclusion of the interview. After the Drug Test/ Background Check/ Gaming Registration/ TAM card, I started work.

Interview Questions

• How can I help the property succeed as a whole in the future?
      What is my experience with Customer Service?
      If you were dispatched to a call of a theft, but found a child wandering around by themselves... what would you do?
      What kind of training do you have (i.e. Military, civilian)?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tropicana Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2010.

Interview

2 interviews......... All the usual F&B questions and questions related to soft and hard skill set.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose one person in history, who would that be and what would you say to him or her ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple process, here is what you will be earning to start...........and do you still want the position.