Trov Android Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Android Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trov in February 2017.

Interview

- First, there is a questionnaire to fill out. This is to see if you will be a fit.
- Then, there is a phone screen with an android developer. This is a casual conversation, but still technical.
- Next is a take home code challenge. This doesn't take too long, and is a lot of fun. This is where you show off your android skills. This code challenge is important for the team to gauge your technical abilities.
- After this, there are three phone calls with other team members. During these calls you can get a feel for the culture, and there are also android questions. At the end of the last call, there was an offer.

Overall, the interview process was great! The team was very easy to talk to, and I was excited to accept the offer. This is a remote position, and there is still a great culture here.

Interview Questions

• Discuss 3rd party libraries, clean architecture, handling asynchronous requests, etc.   Answer Question

Trov Response

Apr 6, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience with our Engineering Team. We are excited that you have decided to join the Trov Team. We value your input as we are continually working on... More

Other Interview Reviews for Trov

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trov (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick Overview:
    - Fill out an application online
    - Informal call with the platform lead
    - Take home programming challenge
    - Two phone interviews with other Android developers
    - Phone interview with CTO where offered was extended

After being referred by a former co-worker, I received an email with an invitation to fill out an application as well as various links regarding the culture and values of the company. The application wasn't overly long. It took an hour or so to fill out.

A couple days after filling out the the application, I was invited to speak with the platform lead. This was a relaxed conversation where they describe the rest of the interview process and allow you to ask any questions you may have.

Shortly after the call, I received the details of the programming challenge. The requirements of the challenge were straightforward. I fulfilled the requirements within an evening but spent the course of a weekend cleaning up the code, adding unit tests, etc.

Upon review of the programming challenge I was invited to two interviews with other Android developers. They had both reviewed my code and used it as a basis for the discussion. The main purpose of these interviews was to ensure that you will be a good fit for the team and to clear up any lingering concerns that they may have.

The final step of the process was a call with the CTO where the offered was extended. Once again this was a fairly relaxed conversation which mainly served as an opportunity for the CTO to get to know you.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Apr 6, 2017 – VP People Operations

Welcome to the Team! So glad to have you on the Engineering Team. This Team is growing rapidly which means we are interviewing a large number of people. We love it when a current employee refers... More

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trov (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process for developers is largely determined by submitting a small project to gauge skill and experience. Typically this represents 6hrs of work, but most people who are passionate about their trade will spend longer as they wish to "wow" the reviewers. While spending 6hrs on an interview project might seem like a lot, it directly reflects on a person's willingness and dedication to their craft.

Interview Questions

• The topic of clean architecture was brought up, and I was asked to explain the benefits of using this pattern.   Answer Question