TruGreen Door to Door Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TruGreen Door to Door Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The branch office is not as professionally furnished and looked very basic but it was fine since it is not a place that clients visit anyway. The first interviewer was very personable and put me at ease and he asked very generalized questions. He encouraged me to ask questions which I kept doing and he answered all of them willingly and clearly. The second interviewer was not as professional as I expected and he became a bit repetitive. I liked the "role play exercise" and the weakness question because I always expected the "what is your strength" questiion.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TruGreen

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Riverside, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

very easy and fast we just sit there and talk about sports and then he told that wanted me to come on a second interview asap, i did the the second view and i got the job i started working a week later
    it was very easy.

Interview Questions

• why do you want work here

why you do like lawn care   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TruGreen (Macon, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was put in break room to wait for over an hour. Never spoken to by the hiring person. Obvious I was just a box to be checked never a serious candidate. Drove 35 miles one way to interview. Total lack of professionalism. While waiting heard employees complaining about the company. Total fail. No wonder all the bad reviews.

Interview Questions

• Never got to interviewer. Left in break room over an hour.   Answer Question

Left me sitting in a break room for over am hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied one evening they called the next day and asked me to come in for an interview the following day. I met with the sales manager. It felt more like he was trying to sell me the job rather than asking me specific questions about my experience. I will say that I have several years of turf experience and sales experience. Very easy interview I was invited back but declined.

Interview Questions

• what was my level of interest in the position?   1 Answer

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was Great! It was a little lengthy lasting almost two and a half hours, but that could be to me talking a little too much. The General Manager was extremely knowledgeable about the company, explaining his process of working his way up through the company. Very pleasant, but thorough interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions pertaining to people telling you "no," as would be expected in a sales position. Be prepared to give an impromptu sales pitch on some of their products.   Answer Question

I accepted another job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Taylor, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online for TruGreen local branch in Taylor, MI. Received a call within five business days and scheduled a first interview with the Sales Manger. The interview consisted of work history questions, situation questions, training was explained, benefits, day to day expectation, and earning potential. I, then, received a follow up call the next day to schedule a second interview with the Branch General Manager. This interview was very simple and relaxed as well. I then followed the pre employment testing process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in your work experience that you had to work in inclement weather, i.e. rain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (White Marsh, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on CareerBuilder.com and was called for an initial interview a day or so later. I walk in and it was a total unprofessional call center. I had my interview with the sales manager, Justin. It was mostly questions and answers about the job, but he didn't learn too much about my work ethic. He pulled his manager in as well and seemed pretty impressed that I was interested in the job and myself. They were definitely trying to sell me the job more than finding out about me. A few days later, I received a call to come in for a second interview with the branch manager, Steve. I had my doubts about this company after reading TONS of negative comments on Facebook from their clients. There was nothing positive at all about this company. However, I really need a job and went. The branch manager didn't really ask me anything about myself either, just wanted to see if I had any questions for him and if I was ok working 55+ hours a week. He told me he would call me the next day to let me know what the next step would be. I received no call that day, the next day, or even within that week, until over a week later, I received an email from People Answers saying I was not qualified for the job. That was totally ok with me, BUT, if these people are really professional's, one of them could have at least called and told me or even have sent me a personal email from their email address within the next day or two after the second interview. Instead they had a third party company tell me I did not get the job. Don't waste your time with these interviews and negativity from their VERY unhappy so called customers.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview

Take an online test then did one in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to do a sales role-play.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Anonymous Employee in North Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TruGreen (North Fort Myers, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview did all assessments and meet with Department Manager. Simple and sweet. Second interview was with GM. Really motivating and just one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Was asked if I can pass drug test and background. Was called back within a week with a start date. Pay is great opportunity to become independent against unstable economy. Blessed!!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TruGreen (Lafayette, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and was called within 20 minutes for an interview the next day. First interview was with the Sales Manager which lasted 4 minutes. He explained the job, then said "I'll give you 24 hours to think this job over, then call me and let me know". I was interested, so he then set me up with the Branch Manager for another quick interview. Really easy. Was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None-base pay plus commission. Not really much to negotiate when you make commission.