TruGreen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.3

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Fairfield, OH).

Interview

Laid back, comfortable environment, friendly, and literally one of my favorite interview processes since I started working at 15. They were very accommodating with the interview process as well and I never felt the typical judgy feeling and did not feel as thought I was being scrutinized or placed under a microscope like a lot of places can make you feel.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience and why i felt i would be a good addition to the team.   1 Answer

Inbound Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I did the first interview and it was very very laid back and seemed like we knew each other forever . They asked the typical interview questions but overall very simple and easy . Then got the second interview very laid back and transparent about what the position entitled.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable mainly because this is my first venture into lawn services

Lawn Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Andover, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview with me went great! All the people that I have meet was super enthusiastic about having the interview to explain more about the role that i would be taking up as a lawn specialist. I had some prior experience with pest control so I was comfortable with the similar task's that I have had experience with before. I was straight forward with promising benefits. We agreed with a second interview and was hired a few days after negotiating a salary that I was comfortable with.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwood, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TruGreen (Northwood, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I came from Scotts, so there was no interview. I WAS asked to sign a piece of paper prior to starting work stating I was taking a $1/hr pay cut.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Nashville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed online application on their computer, then interviewed with the sales manager. He was very personable and made me very comfortable. I had to wait a while before the interview but they were interviewing lots of people.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Blanc, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Grand Blanc, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

This is basically a door-to-door sales job. If they tell you it's a full-time job it may be true in some places but if it snows where you live guess what you're out of work. 12 hours a day including weekends.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had a problem talking to strangers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TruGreen (Franklin, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice people, straight forward and to the point. They tell you what to expect and what is required of you in a nice and easy way. Explained the pay structure and sales territory that is involved.

Interview Questions

• To take a drug/background test.   2 Answers

Residential Als Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TruGreen (Cary, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

quick, "factory assembly line", claim on get a copy of resume from the "internet". Interviewed with Cary operation and said no interest. Within next 30 days, had telephone calls from recruiters from the same company in nearby branches. Exclusive "sweat shop", people have little value.

Interview Questions

• how much $ you want to make, work Saturdays? Are U able to knock on 60 doors per hour? No key account work available. Also, must work 2-3 days in telephone "sweat room" per week making "cold" telephone calls. All of this when you list a college graduate on your resume?   Answer Question

Lawn Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It went well I had my second interview and now I'm waiting on my physical and background check, the manager was very forthcoming and represented TruGreen well also provided all information relevant to becoming an intricate parts of a growing team, if opportunity and growth is what you seek than TruGreen is the place for you,

Interview Questions

• Why should he move forward with me, what are my values, how will I handle myself with customers..   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none I was sold it's a great opportunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Morrisville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

There was no phone interview. I went in and met personally with the Sales Manager. On the way to his office, I passed through the "pit" where all the sales agent sit at open desks. The job as described was to sell TruGreen service plans on the phone during the winter months and then move to outside door-to-door sales in early spring and throughout the rest of the year. I was told that 100 doors per day were mandatory. There is a sales quota to be met, of course. The sales manager asked me to come back to meet with his boss as a second interview but I declined because I am not interested in knocking on doors.