True Religion Brand Jeans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

True Religion Brand Jeans Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

I didn't actually get to interview with them. I walked in the my resume and asked to speak with the manager. She took one look at me and asked me if I could afford the close they sell because we have to wear the jeans while we work there. I asked her if they pay their employees enough to afford their clothes. She just looked at me with no response so I just walked out.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Of course I knew I would have to wear their clothes. The same goes for any retail company. But the fact that she judges me like that tells me that they probably judge every customer that walks through their doors and I have no interest in working for a company like that.

My advice: Don't judge people before you know them and pay your employees enough to afford your jeans.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Manhattan Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviews were normal. Good smart questions. Nice people. Still havn't heard back from recruiter. Very unprofessional process and felt disrespected. I had interviewed twice before within a year. I do not think it is fair to the person to keep them waiting and waiting and not even hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with criticism from a non-design management level employee?   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty smooth and did not take much time. I applied online on a Tuesday, they got back to me the next day, and I had an interview scheduled that same week. The manager at the location I went to was very nice and friendly, she made it very easy to open up to her and have a genuine interview with her. I was not able to get a job offer due to my limited availability.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the right candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later the hiring manager called me to set up an interview. The interview last 20 minutes, with easy questions. The manager walked me through how everything would go and told me I could start training that weekend. Never heard anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Absolutely horrible. The interviewer was the rudest. It was an over the phone interview and she called me a hour before the initial time given. I still love the brand and it doesn't sway me from the company I just believe she was not properly trained on how to conduct herself as an interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gotten into it with a fellow employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call two months later for an interview. The interview was really laid-back not too many questions. I was told I would receive a call in a couple days but instead I was contacted via email explaining that they were not looking for anyone at the time.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with up selling high end products?   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans.

Interview

I was put forward for this role by a recruiter, and was warned that they had sent many designers therir way - to which they were not satisfied with any. The member from the design team that interviewed me was a little stand-offish and set an uncomfortable tone. When he noticed on my resume that I had bookbinding listed as a skill set, he asked if I had any samples on-hand to show him, and was visibly disappointed when I didn't. Bizarrely, while he was very interested in the bookbinding, he turned me down to the recruiter because he wanted someone with "more video editing capabilities." I think they were clearly trying to find a jack of all trades, with unrealistic expectations. In the end, I think I would have turned down the role if it had been offered to me, partially because his negative attitude did not leave me with a great impression of what the working environment with the brand would be like.

Interview Questions

• He wanted very detailed explanations for each portfolio piece I showed, down to very fine points (i.e. on an advertisement, he asked "did you retouch the image yourself? How did you do it? Which tools in photoshop did you use?)   2 Answers

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

was interviewed by 2 store managers and then the DM and never heard anything back after.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans.

Interview

Phone interview- standard questions screened by initial recruiter. Told would hear back after they send the interview to the lead recruiter, but never heard back.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans in April 2013.

Interview

I initially called the store to inquire about job openings. They had called me a year ago about a job opening but unfortunately, I had already found a job as soon as they gave me a call. This time around I pursued them and had talked to one of the managers who encouraged me to come in with my resume. I stopped in the next day, handed in my resume, and as soon as I walked out, I received a call asking to interview with me by that weekend. I was thrilled to interview and when I arrived at my interview that weekend, my interviewer was the same manager I handed my application to. Immediately, we clicked, as we shared the same work experiences and could relate in many ways. I walked away very confident that I nailed the job based on my extensive sales experience, the fact that I had a proven track record in doubling (even tripling my sales), and my brand loyalty/knowledge of True Religion. I was looking forward to hearing back from the store manager within a few days to confirm the position. It's been three weeks and I haven't heard back. I'm actually very disappointed, they were so eager to hire me straight off the bat, twice, but was unexpectedly turned down.