True Religion Brand Jeans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

True Religion Brand Jeans Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans.

Interview

Quick interview, lasted about 5 minutes. Store manager did the interview, and mention he would speak to the co-manager for a second interview. After a few questions, he let me know that I had the job and would begin on-boarding the following week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans.

Interview

I applied online. I was called the next day to schedule an in person interview. I interviewed with the store manager. Immediately after the interview concluded, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Estero, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was a frequent shopper I was already familiar with the brand. The interview was quick because of the fact I was constantly in the store and I built a sort of friendship with the employer. After the interview, I was sent a background check link and following the approval of that came an offer email. The last thing was coming in for a shift where I did online training on the handbook and paper work alongside actually working on the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Miami, FL).

Interview

Walked in with my resume and proclaimed my desire to work there (anywhere at the time honestly) but seemed like a good place to enter the retail world, got a call within a few days for an interview, met with the both assistant managers and had about a 20min conversation with some basic questions, then some private questions (just about my background a what brought me to america and such) and got a call the next day offering me the position

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake at work, how would handle it?   1 Answer
    • What would bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer came out and told me that we were just waiting on the other manager to leave the back before we could come back so he started the interview on the floor that way I wasn't just standing there doing nothing. He gave me a scenario that he was shopping for a pair of tight jeans for his girlfriend and I had to pick something out for him with the right size also. Then we went to the back and the questions were very simple he asked if I ever owned a pair of Trues and I told him no and he said he didn't either before he started working there but now he loves them and I would too and that it was okay that I never owned a pair. The interview was very conversation like and chill. I got the job on the spot and he said he was going to send the background check email right away and I got the email as soon as I got out to my car in the parking lot. After the background check was complete he called telling me they sent the email with my job details and offer and I just needed to accept so I could get started immediately. I declined the offer because the pay was only $8.75 even though I had many years of retail experience that all paid way more then that.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite part about your last job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a group interview, so a few general questions were asked before a few people were filtered out. Previous retail experience was one of the questions asked along with how to handle difficult situations. After the interview was complete, the ones who were offered a position were asked if their email address was correct for a background check to be completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

I didn't actually get to interview with them. I walked in the my resume and asked to speak with the manager. She took one look at me and asked me if I could afford the close they sell because we have to wear the jeans while we work there. I asked her if they pay their employees enough to afford their clothes. She just looked at me with no response so I just walked out.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Of course I knew I would have to wear their clothes. The same goes for any retail company. But the fact that she judges me like that tells me that they probably judge every customer that walks through their doors and I have no interest in working for a company like that.

My advice: Don't judge people before you know them and pay your employees enough to afford your jeans.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Manhattan Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviews were normal. Good smart questions. Nice people. Still havn't heard back from recruiter. Very unprofessional process and felt disrespected. I had interviewed twice before within a year. I do not think it is fair to the person to keep them waiting and waiting and not even hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with criticism from a non-design management level employee?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Arlington, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

My interviewer was very outgoing! Process was very different than you typical retail interview. Store Manager was interest in ME and how I could relate to a customer if I were their first contact. First she looked over my resume and then she processed to ask me to describe my work history to her and as much detail as I choose. She had a sheet of paper consisting of several questions and she chose which ones she wanted to ask me. Overall the process was super quick.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself? (She really wanted to know about to outside of the work environment)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to do something difficult in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time you had to complete a task but did not have all the necessary tools? And how did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also went into the store to speak with the manager. I interviewed with the store manager a week later. She notified me and asked me to come in for a second interview with the District Manager. After interviewing with the District Manager I was asked to interview with another store manager in the district. After my third interview I was offered the position. The time frame was approximately two weeks.