True Religion Brand Jeans Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

True Religion Brand Jeans Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans.

Interview

Quick interview, lasted about 5 minutes. Store manager did the interview, and mention he would speak to the co-manager for a second interview. After a few questions, he let me know that I had the job and would begin on-boarding the following week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for True Religion Brand Jeans

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans.

Interview

I applied online. I was called the next day to schedule an in person interview. I interviewed with the store manager. Immediately after the interview concluded, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Miami, FL).

Interview

Walked in with my resume and proclaimed my desire to work there (anywhere at the time honestly) but seemed like a good place to enter the retail world, got a call within a few days for an interview, met with the both assistant managers and had about a 20min conversation with some basic questions, then some private questions (just about my background a what brought me to america and such) and got a call the next day offering me the position

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake at work, how would handle it?   1 Answer
    • What would bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer came out and told me that we were just waiting on the other manager to leave the back before we could come back so he started the interview on the floor that way I wasn't just standing there doing nothing. He gave me a scenario that he was shopping for a pair of tight jeans for his girlfriend and I had to pick something out for him with the right size also. Then we went to the back and the questions were very simple he asked if I ever owned a pair of Trues and I told him no and he said he didn't either before he started working there but now he loves them and I would too and that it was okay that I never owned a pair. The interview was very conversation like and chill. I got the job on the spot and he said he was going to send the background check email right away and I got the email as soon as I got out to my car in the parking lot. After the background check was complete he called telling me they sent the email with my job details and offer and I just needed to accept so I could get started immediately. I declined the offer because the pay was only $8.75 even though I had many years of retail experience that all paid way more then that.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite part about your last job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a group interview, so a few general questions were asked before a few people were filtered out. Previous retail experience was one of the questions asked along with how to handle difficult situations. After the interview was complete, the ones who were offered a position were asked if their email address was correct for a background check to be completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

I didn't actually get to interview with them. I walked in the my resume and asked to speak with the manager. She took one look at me and asked me if I could afford the close they sell because we have to wear the jeans while we work there. I asked her if they pay their employees enough to afford their clothes. She just looked at me with no response so I just walked out.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Of course I knew I would have to wear their clothes. The same goes for any retail company. But the fact that she judges me like that tells me that they probably judge every customer that walks through their doors and I have no interest in working for a company like that.

My advice: Don't judge people before you know them and pay your employees enough to afford your jeans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, standard and the managers were kind and fun. I liked the upbeat team members and the greeting when I came in. Everyone was very friendly and trendy and seemed to enjoy their jobs.

Interview Questions

• How well I work with others.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Elizabeth, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I actually walked in the store and asked if they were hiring and they said yes I left my resume behind and they called me in after 3 weeks for a interview.It was a group interview and it went very well the managers made us feel welcome

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about lost prevention
      2.how do you define trust
      3.If you see a co worker stealing what would you do
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me 30 minutes after the interview that I got the offer. First be sure to answer all the questions first so you can stick out of the bunch

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I saw the position on an online job board. I then applied online through TRBJ. Finally 3 weeks later I get a call from the store manager to interview the next day. I interviewed with the store manager. She was very upfront and honest. She told me she wanted to hire me during the interview and that she'd send me the link to start my background check as soon as I leave. I had the email within an hour. The interview itself was very comfortable and conversational. It was very natural and didn't feel forced like many other interviews. She asked me about myself and told me about herself and the company. We then discussed pay and hours for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was short. In my interview she knew the hourly wage I requested. She came back with an offer two dollars less than my request and said that is what her highest paid sales associates receive. I told her I would feel better with one dollar more. She said she would have to contact her manager and get back to me. She got back in touch with me the next day and said that she would give me the hourly wage I requested. She was very nice and showed she really wanted me to be a part of her team.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at True Religion Brand Jeans in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later the hiring manager called me to set up an interview. The interview last 20 minutes, with easy questions. The manager walked me through how everything would go and told me I could start training that weekend. Never heard anything else.