Trulia Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trulia Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trulia.

Interview

One of the worst interviews I've had. The recruiter seems had a scattered mind when talking to me. But I was quickly moved on to the hiring manager phone interview. Started with a typical question why am I a fit for this position. Then asked me a very specific product improvement recommendation on a particular feature. Nothing else. Good product managers are well rounded and should be measured on all level of qualifications. Using an interview as a leverage to get some product improvement ideas in the first 10 mins of a conversation is such a low-level move. And the folks there seem don't have any technical background and don't understand what qualities to value and to select good PMs.

Interview Questions

Trulia Response

Aug 2, 2016 – VP, Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback. That was disappointing to hear about your recruiter interview. As for the hiring manager component, it is customary to ask our product oriented interviewees very specific... More

Other Interview Reviews for Trulia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trulia (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, followed by a phone screen. Phone screen went well and recruiter said she'd move forward with the hiring manager.

Similar to other reviews I've read, I sent two emails for follow-up and with no response. It would be professional if the recruiter could simply reply or give a response. Not sure who's running the recruiting team, but they need to get their act together.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special - only questions about my past experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trulia (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had an outstanding offer from another company, so they were quick to fly me out to SF to meet with me after the initial phone screen with the hiring manager.

I met with 6 engineers and product folk. They were the typical, so "tell me about yourself" questions (2 of the interviewers had obviously not read my resume and asked me that while they scanned my resume). Two of the interviewers had marked up my resume with a red pen and asked me design questions, questions about the competition, about the real estate market, etc. Those were engaging conversations.

I'd spoken to the hiring manager on the phone twice already so most of our conversation was not about work. It was just to see if there would be a fit.

I was sure I'd get an offer (I did not).

Interview Questions

• None. What I found difficult is the fact that I got no feedback from HR on my interviews. Very strange because the HR person told me that they'd found other qualified candidates. The hiring manager told me that they'd found it very difficult to find qualified candidates. So, HR was just giving me a line. Why not tell me the truth? What was it about me that they didn't like?   Answer Question