TrustCo Bank Corp NY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TrustCo Bank Corp NY Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

Interview

Lovely first interview with a low level Human Resources employee, followed by a second interview with the VP of Human Resources. Answered many questions about training and career paths available to new branch staff and new managers/assistant managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a dissatisfied or angry customer, and how you dealt with the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was for about 20 minutes, where you would go to a previously arranged location for a telephone interview. For the interview you are expected to dress the part and speak knowledgeably of any question asked. You should have a copy of your resume and any other documents needed.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge about the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longwood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY (Longwood, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I waited about 25 minutes past the appointment time for the hiring manager to arrive. I was asked basic questions such as work experience, do I have reliable transportation, etc. Then I was told I should hear back within 14 days.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

Interview

The salary isn't much for the responsibility. The questions asked were pretty easy. The ladies were very nice, but seemed very rushed. There was an interview every 30 minutes it seemed. She asked what I would like my salary to be and when I told her she said to be honest, that is a little high for starting out here. I was a little bummed about that because having almost 9 years in banking I feel like I deserve a little more money than what I am currently making.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got an email within a few days.
    Called to make an appointment.
    Very nice and organized.
    I went to the branch and met the branch manager.
    Got an offer the next day even though they said they would contact me in 5 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peekskill, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY (Peekskill, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was colle in for a phone interview at one of the branches. I sat at one of the empty desks and answered a call from branch administration. it seemed to be a standard interview revolving around customer service. The call lasted 10-15 min. i felt confit about the call. I was then called to meet with the regional sales manager, a week later, he described the position to me without asking many questions and i was offered a position a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Got a phone call from human resources. After that had another interview at the headquarters. And less than a week I had the job offer. The recruiter was nice during the process. I brought a resumé and he liked that.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with the dress code?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY in July 2015.

Interview

Application and interview process was super fast. Only took 5 days to apply, hear back about interview, interview and get offered the position. Everyone was very friendly and very welcoming. Interview was very quick (10 min) and that made me nervous, but I got offered the position. I made sure to bring a copy of my resume and lucky I did, because my interviewer seemed impressed and pleased that I remembered to do so. Also, I talked about all the opportunities TrustCo offers to employees and that made it look like I did lots of research before applying, and I explained that these were the reasons why I applied. They also DO call your references and ask how you know them. Overall great experience!!

Full Time Tell Interview

Anonymous Employee in Osprey, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY (Osprey, FL).

Interview

They are more interested in your dress than you. Wear closed toe shoes, tuck in a long sleeve button up with a blazer and you can guarantee you will have a job with Trustco Bank. If you wear a skirt wear pantyhose not tights or leggings. They are concerned about your appearance. No Tattoos or piercings, this is Not a modern job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a career in banking?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The day of my second interview at the headquarters in Florida there was only this guy around his 50's, it seemed he took the decision of not hiring me since the moment he saw me, I was in a suit, wearing very nice clothes, shaved and excellent hair but I'm not white like my interviewer. Just to confirm my thoughts, he didn't take any notes from anything, not even papers in hand like formal interviewers, he asked a couple questions not related to the job and the interview didn't even last 8 minutes. He explained what the job would be like and then told me they will decide soon and let me go. He also apologized saying that more people was supposed to be there at the interview but that they were out.

Interview Questions

• Why are you so enthusiastic about this job? Probably he asked that because nobody should be enthusiastic about a job where they pay less than mcdonalds.   Answer Question