Truven Health Analytics Interview Questions in Ann Arbor, MI | Glassdoor

Truven Health Analytics Interview Questions in Ann Arbor, MI

2.7

An Analytic Beauty Contest Interview Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a typical qualitative beauty contest. (Are you clever enough to work here? Are you one of us? ) Truven seeks to judge whether you can communicate, think on your feet and problem-solve, as there seems to be lots of conflict, competing for resources and demanding clients.

Truven keeps positions open, preferring to keep interviewing versus actually hire. I suspect it's because they owned by private equity, manage for profit over EE loyalty and are a bit smug. The phone screen is made up of several behavioral "tell me about" questions crammed into the allotted half-hour or hour, depending on how interested they are. If you end up with ten minutes to ask probing questions at the end, you should consider your self fortunate.

Truven is not a diverse employer in terms of hiring. Frankly, they seem to discriminate on age, sex, race and employment status. I did well enough to advance to the "next round" in the screening process. However, once the boss's boss found out I was over 40, I was summarily rejected.

Interview Questions

• Personal achievement and conflict management questions abound.   Answer Question

DMA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Process took about a week. I heard back from the recruiter the next day after my interview, so it was fast. If you know you did well, then be prepared for that call. You must complete a background check and your start date may be a month later after the interview date

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief initial contact by phone. In person interview with lots of behavior questions. They wanted to know what my experience was with excel and powerpoint. After a week I heard back from the recruiting specialist who said that despite "great" interviews and the fact that I had "potential to have a positive impact on the team" they were looking for someone with different skills. When I contacted him for clarification on what those skills are (because I would like to obtain a job like this) I was ignored. I had a very high opinion of Truven up until this point.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel and powerpoint?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to the Data Management Consultant position online on a Sunday then was emailed by a recruiter the following day to schedule the phone screen. I ended up doing the phone screen with the recruiter the same day and she asked about my work experience and skills. I was called again two days later to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a 3-part 1:1 interviews with a Manager, and 2 Data Mgmt Leads for an hour each therefore the whole interview was 3 hours long. The interview format with each interviewer had behavioral/STAR (Situation or Task, Action you took, Results achieved) structured questions that focused on asking about previous experiences. I was called two days later with a job offer that I have accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you given multiple high priority assignments on the same day and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call from Marcia to gauge interest. Then scheduled phone interview. Was asked to come in for 3 hour interview met with 3 different sets of managers. It was very long. I received an email from recruiter stating I wasn't a good fit.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Apply online through the internal website. Human Resources reviews the qualifications and calls to ask additional questions and set up testing if needed. There was a test submitted through survey monkey that helped to review each candidates thought process. Next if the survey is completed satisfactorily, three one hour interviews are scheduled. For this particular position, the interviews were scheduled with the Director of Client Services and two Client Services Managers.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions that they asked was where do you see yourself at in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email from recruiter asked me would i be interested in position. Had three 1 hour long interview with different people in the organization. From the Director on down to the immediate manager and coworkers.

Interview Questions

• What is the SLDC process? Tell me about your current position your processes.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analytic Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with HR, followed by a real phone interview with HR (standard behavioral questions, work experience, etc). I had another internship offer on the table so I explained to HR my situation and they were very accommodating and expedited my interview process. I then met with a senior VP in one of their offices that was based in my current city and then a few days later, had a phone interview with someone in their main office in Ann Arbor.

Truven makes sure that they grab the right candidates the interview process was long and tough at times, but HR and everyone I talked to seemed extremely capable, intelligent, and passionate. They went out of their way to accommodate my needs and I felt very valued as a possible intern and individual.

Interview Questions

• Why work in the healthcare field? Why data analytics?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Lengthy and too complicated. Seemed like all they wanted to know what about my back ground and if I would fit into the job. Not much about me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and what you did if anything to overcome being a failure   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

First, received a phone call to gauge interest. Second, 3 one hour one on one interviews with 3 different people. The interviews are in the STAR format where the interviewer asks a question and expects Situation, Task, Action, and Result. The interviewers are extremely friendly. If they are interested, they typically call you back for a 3rd interview with the management team you will be working under.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you forgot to do something. What was the task, what action did you take and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter is a tough bargainer