Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Houston, TX).

Interview

Super day after more than a few networking calls. Little technicals, many behavioral and brain teaser questions. Didn't get the offer- which was better in the end given the exclusive industry focus and financial difficulties leading to the PW merger

Interview Questions

• A lot of brain teaser questions which wasn't the case at any other firm   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 of their EA's ( 2 on 1, 1 on 1 & 2 on 1) all very nice and happy to answer any questions I had. I also briefly met with the HR representative. I thought it went great and was very excited to get feedback. However, the HR rep was non-responsive. I emailed her numerous times and nothing. Their website still shows an opening for this position and it's been 4 months since my initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the normal.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Houston, TX).

Interview

First-round interview consisted of on-campus interview with two analysts reviewing resume. Superday consisted of 6 interviews with analysts, associates and two managing directors. Mostly fit questions and reviewing resume for prior experiences and interest in energy space. Little to no technical questions regarding finance or energy. Generally well-conducted and efficient.

Interview Questions

• If you owned a hotel, what ways would you consider improving its profitability?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Short phone screening with mostly technical questions early in the morning. super day in office with multiple rounds and mix of behavioral and technical questions. Other people were also interviewing during this day. Lunch was fun and socialized with analysts and other full time employees.

Interview Questions

• More complex accounting and basic oil and gas questions - prepare with knowing current event in the oil and gas arena. Also had brain teasers. Enjoyable conversations.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Sat in a nice conference room with 3 different people. Topics ranged from my interests, my education, and why I was interested in investment banking. All the while, they were gauging my personality and fit with the culture of the bank. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience that felt like an informal chat with pleasant, friendly people interspersed with some standard interview type questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most intellectually challenging job you've ever had and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Interview

Dropped resume through college recruiting site. Then received an phone interview and finally was flown out for the super day. Everybody was incredibly friendly but also very serious about the work they do. Their level of commitment came through in the questions asked during the superday

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an ok experience. It was 2 on 1 interview. They mostly asked behavioral questions. Talked a little about the current oil crisis. Although didn't get a second round invitation it was still nice meeting them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think oil prices are dropping so suddenly? Any idea who is gonna come out on top?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Interview

First round was a two-on-one behavioral interview. very chill and relaxing
    In the second round interview, there were about 10 20 minute interviews with various people in the research part of the firm. Some technicals were thrown but they were mainly looking to see whether you knew what was going on in the economy- what OPEC is currently doing, and how the oil market is looking.

If you apply and have at least some type of energy experience or investment experience that ties to energy, it's going to be very hard for you to NOT get an internship

Interview Questions

• Went down my resume pretty much and asked me to describe my experiences   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

first round phone interview
    - mostly fit and resume questions

final round in the office
    - prepare a stock pitch ( going over company financials and operations. provide numbers and explain your conclusions)
    - expect some finance/energy questions

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Interview

Resume drop through my college, and interviewed over the phone for the first round. Was then invited to fly down to Houston the next week for a Superday. For all the trouble of flying me in and paying for me to stay in Houston, I was only interview for about an hour and a half total. A little odd.

Interview Questions

• Nothing totally unexpected, I was admittedly a little under-prepared for technicals (it was my first ibanking interview).   Answer Question