Tuesday Morning Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tuesday Morning Store Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Tuesday Morning

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Louisville, KY) in September 2018.

Interview

There was one interview and a background check. The whole process took about two weeks. The interviewer wanted to know if I had retail experience and what hours I would be available.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wanted to know if I had any retail experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tuesday Morning

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Application was submitted online before I was called into the store to preform a short, relatively standard interview process for the position. After that I was asked my weekly preference for scheduling purposes and then informed on what the pay for the position would be before sighing on.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

When I arrived at the store, even though I had an appointment, they were not prepared for me. They couldn't find my original resume and paperwork. Fortunately, I brought copies with me. Neither of the interviewers seemed like they were comfortable, just read the questions robotically. At the end, without offering or even telling me that I had gotten the job, the manager starts giving me the days that I will be working that next week and what I'll be doing. So I said "So this means I got the job?" and the second manager tells me it pays $9.00 an hour. I asked if that was negotiable and she said no, that was the going starting rate. I asked about benefits and she told me about the 20% employee discount. I asked about the 401K and she said that they didn't have that. I told her it said they did online. She looked confused and said that no one uses it, so she doesn't know anything about it.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing in a past job that I did that was a mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Woodstock, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Process took less than 24 hours. I applied on a Sunday evening, got a call the next Monday morning, and went in for an interview at 1:30. I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker, who was also a good friend, give an employee discount to a customer who did not qualify? What if that friend was like "I'm so sorry, I won't do it again, please don't tell"?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning in October 2017.

Interview

Interview went quickly. She described what I would be doing if I got the job. Since I have no retail experience she had difficulty asking me questions regarding retail. I gave her my 3 references and she said I should hear from her by the end of the week after calling them

Interview Questions

• Can you describe am experience you had in a retail store where things could have been done differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was the quickest and easiest "interview" I've ever had. I was shopping and asked the GM for an application and she told me to go online and fill it all out. After I did I got a call pretty quickly and she asked me in for an interview. It was more like a quick training than an interview. Basically, if you receive a call in you're pretty much hired. You won't have much luck interviewing to be a GM or Assistant Manager unless they are really desperate for one. They usually promote within the company.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any questions other than my availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Roanoke, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite casual and easy, a lot of give and take from the manager who interviewed me, and I had my own questions that she answered candidly in return. There were not a lot of very tough grueling questions as long as you have common sense you would be able to get through the interview process without problems. It is worth mentioning that first impressions do not always resonate to a person's full personality once you begin working with them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw another employee taking food or drink from the store inventory without ringing it up from another associate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't much negotiation, it was a matter of statement like - "this is what we will offer you & you can either take it or not"- unfortunately.

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Houma, LA).

Interview

The manager asked several questions regarding availability and past experience. The focus of the interview was ensuring I was a reliable person and had a proven history of reliability. The secondary focus was how readily available I would be, with questions regarding how far I live away from the store.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Florence, KY) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy. Simple questions that any retail store would ask. Overall very easy nothing to get worked up over and stressed out about. The team is really easy going and invites new hires with open arms

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working weekends?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview

I was referred to by an employee, so I just had a one on one with the manager of the store. Was asked about customer service techniques, behavioral questions, applicable experience for the job. Once the interview was over, I had the job.