Tuesday Morning Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tuesday Morning Store Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Tuesday Morning

1.5

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning in October 2017.

Interview

Interview went quickly. She described what I would be doing if I got the job. Since I have no retail experience she had difficulty asking me questions regarding retail. I gave her my 3 references and she said I should hear from her by the end of the week after calling them

Interview Questions

• Can you describe am experience you had in a retail store where things could have been done differently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tuesday Morning

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Woodstock, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Process took less than 24 hours. I applied on a Sunday evening, got a call the next Monday morning, and went in for an interview at 1:30. I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker, who was also a good friend, give an employee discount to a customer who did not qualify? What if that friend was like "I'm so sorry, I won't do it again, please don't tell"?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was the quickest and easiest "interview" I've ever had. I was shopping and asked the GM for an application and she told me to go online and fill it all out. After I did I got a call pretty quickly and she asked me in for an interview. It was more like a quick training than an interview. Basically, if you receive a call in you're pretty much hired. You won't have much luck interviewing to be a GM or Assistant Manager unless they are really desperate for one. They usually promote within the company.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any questions other than my availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Houma, LA).

Interview

The manager asked several questions regarding availability and past experience. The focus of the interview was ensuring I was a reliable person and had a proven history of reliability. The secondary focus was how readily available I would be, with questions regarding how far I live away from the store.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

When I arrived at the store, even though I had an appointment, they were not prepared for me. They couldn't find my original resume and paperwork. Fortunately, I brought copies with me. Neither of the interviewers seemed like they were comfortable, just read the questions robotically. At the end, without offering or even telling me that I had gotten the job, the manager starts giving me the days that I will be working that next week and what I'll be doing. So I said "So this means I got the job?" and the second manager tells me it pays $9.00 an hour. I asked if that was negotiable and she said no, that was the going starting rate. I asked about benefits and she told me about the 20% employee discount. I asked about the 401K and she said that they didn't have that. I told her it said they did online. She looked confused and said that no one uses it, so she doesn't know anything about it.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing in a past job that I did that was a mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Louisville, KY) in September 2018.

Interview

There was one interview and a background check. The whole process took about two weeks. The interviewer wanted to know if I had retail experience and what hours I would be available.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wanted to know if I had any retail experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Application was submitted online before I was called into the store to preform a short, relatively standard interview process for the position. After that I was asked my weekly preference for scheduling purposes and then informed on what the pay for the position would be before sighing on.

Anonymous Employee in Sunny Isles Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Sunny Isles Beach, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Normal, she just asked me if I got along with others easily. That seemed to be her main focus.

Interview Questions

• Do you have problems getting along with others? What would you do if you didn't like somebody?   1 Answer
    • Why do you need this job?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy questions. Mainly about experience and "what if" situations

Interview Questions

• Describing your experiences and what would you do in specific situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask about the number of hours you will get, because they are limited.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenixville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Phoenixville, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

they hired me and i have unnatual hair color (rainbow) and noone ever told me to dye it. they just want you to smile and be open with your hours and if you have a ride

Negotiation

i didnt know i was hired till my friend who worked there told me.