Tuesday Morning Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tuesday Morning Store Manager Interview Questions

1.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview

I had my resume posted on monster.com and I was contacted by HR because they were in need of a store manager. Spoke to the DM at the time over the phone and finally scheduled a in person interview. After DM interview they had me interview with HR VP for region. After interviews I filled out paper work and had a background sent out. About a week later I was offered the position

Interview Questions

• Experience Questions (Pros and Cons of previous experience)
    Situational Questions ( If an employee does _____ what would you do as a manager)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tuesday Morning

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Jackson, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

I filled out a application online the same day I got a call from "Cindy" the district manager the same day. She set up the interview for the next day. She was really nice and easy to talk to. The interview lasted for two hours. Only because we talked about other things. I signed for a background check and 8 days later was hired.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the table? Why would I like to work for the company.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning in January 2015.

Interview

Snag a job application on the Tuesday morning website then a phone interview next come an in person interview depending on postion could take 2 more interviewd then instore application background check finally very straight forward questions based off the P.A.R.T program

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tuesday morning and what do you like about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Roanoke, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

phone interview with Human Resources, approximately a wk later had an in-person interview with DM, submitted an in-store application with assessment for a background check. background check took about a week to come back. I was offered a position about 2.5 wks after the initial phone interview. It was a fairly quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• what are some of your best qualities?   Answer Question
    • how do you handle difficult customers/situations?   1 Answer
    • What are you really good at and how do you know you are good at it?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview

I applied in August and didn't get a call until October, so they are being honest when they say they keep your application on file. Simple one on one interview with the District Manager. A background check and then an offer. Interview is very easy and was more the DM talking than you.

Interview Questions

• More of a comment...this is your job description..do you have a problem with that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no salary negotiation. They pay what they pay.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview

interview process was mainly phone calls with one personal interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy, but with little cooperation from regional manager

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview

I was called in for a couple interviews. The Regional Manager interviewing me spoke negatively about her boss and other employees. This should have been my first sign to RUN! But I tried to understand her position which is not understandable. She was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Can you quite your job without notice and start Monday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Corvallis, OR).

Interview

Called into the store for an interview with a regional manager. The interview was a total joke. The regional manager asked no questions relevant to the position at all. She asked nothing that would give any indication of how I would be as a manager.
    These stores are running on a shoestring for their lives. The RM told me that they had to make cuts and payroll was the first thing they attacked. The stores are staffed only with a "manager plus one". The manager is the only full time employee.
    Store layout is horrible, only one register and you really have to look around to find it.
    With such low staffing, the store was incredibly dirty, garbage on the floors, dusty shelves and products.
    I may still get called with an offer, but have since accepted an offer at a more stable and respected company that values its employees and is driven to give excellent customer service. Tuesday morning won't be around on Thursday morning so be careful what you wish for. Oh and the Store managers start at $35K....no wonder they can't attract talent.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "tell me about your last job"...there were no questions, just a review of information already given on the resume, nothing else. It lasted all of 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning (Hicksville, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

The job was posted online on snagajob.com. The district manager called to schedule an interview at the store. Interview lasted about an hour. District Manager explained the day to day operations of the store and the expectations for the candidate. After the interview the job offer was made by phone and salary was discussed. Not much room for salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Please explain prior experience that is applicable to this position   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tuesday Morning in March 2011.

Interview

First interview was with another Store Manager, Second was with the the DM.

Negotiation

n/a