Tully's Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tully's Coffee

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted an online application to multiple locations, was called into the location I was hired at and interviewed by a manager. The interview was very casual, and I was offered the job on the spot, however I don't know whether my experience was unusual — the other baristas I met said they had been hired via a group interview process, where they met managers from many stores at once.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you like coffee? Why do you want to be a barista? How would you deal with a difficult customer? Tell me about your approach to customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got an email requesting an interview the next day. I tried to reschedule using the link in the email but I didn't hear back for 3 days so I called and talked to the manager, etc. Came in for an interview the next week.
    First the manager came out and spoke to me, asked some very standard questions, same things you would get asked in any interview. Then she went to the back for a few minutes and the assistant manager came out and spoke to me for a few minutes and then she offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to Tully's?   1 Answer

Lead Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee.

Interview

Interview process was normal. Ask the questions you should ask someone who will be interacting with customers daily. Interviewed with assistant manager followed by the manager. Great way for both of them to get a feel for who they might be hiring

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to problem solve very quickly with an angry customer:   Answer Question

Retail Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is a joke, some managers hire older people to avoid the drama of the younger crowd, they definitely discriminate based on appearance.

You are initially screaned online.
    You get a phone interview.
    If they like what they hear they set up a In person interview.
    If they like you they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Tully's?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

It was a very easy interview felt like a conversation rather than an interview. Met with the manager and asked some behavioral questions and some of my past experiences. Then I received call back two weeks later notifying me of their decision. Overall, it was a great interview.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to a hiring fair for tullys coffee. They had lost my application information so I had to fill it out a second time. I interviewed with two different store managers. They each had to approve me for me to be hired. The interview itself was pretty easy, and they tell you right away whether you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• If you were a kitchen appliance what would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Turned in an application online and was called in for an interview with the lead barista. A week later I was called in for a second interview with the manager which I am heading to right now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you upset a friend, parent, or teacher, and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee (Bellevue, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy. It was harder interviewing for a promotion than for being hired. The interview was very informal, they asked a few questions about availability and team experience.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee (Bellevue, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was an open interview where they were interviewing lots of people - one right after the other. Pretty easy. Most questions were in regards to customer service - i.e. "how would you handle this situation", etc. etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate. They started my pay at minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tully's Coffee (Kirkland, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

I had applied by dropping off my my current resume at the store. I asked if the manager was available and if not, when he/she would be available. I was told when she would be in next and I called during that time and talked to her directly. The interview consisted of basic interview questions such strengths/weaknesses, previous jobs, experience, solving a problem etc.