Tundra Restaurant Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tundra Restaurant Supply

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tundra Restaurant Supply (Boulder, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

They asked me to answer three questions. They had me take a phone sales test. They sent my information to a background checking company. They made me go through a temp agency for the first few months. It was almost impossible to get paychecks from them for the first 5-6 paychecks also.

Interview Questions

• Favorite outdoor sport, favorite animal, what would you take to deserted island.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO negotiations. They pay VERY little base and claim the commissions will more than make up for that. LOL

Web Analyst Or Interactive Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tundra Restaurant Supply (Boulder, CO).

Interview

1. Phone screen from longtime HR lady ... very cordial, personable and informative
    2. Phone interview by new VP (Marketing?) ... not so cordial or personable or informative.

First call was about 40 minutes. Second call was about 20 minutes.

HR lady told me now this restaurant supply distributor is planning for "world domination."

New VP revealed little about culture or job. His phone demeanor was a little off-putting for me since I am a seasoned candidate applying for a professional position. It was like he was covering a checklist with long pauses (for notes, I guess). The one question I got to ask was not answered well by him and then he terminated the phone call. -Seems this guy is a taker, not a giver ;)

My personal assessment: This is a successful family-owned company that now has visions of grandeur and have recently hired a new pit-bull, who will soon make working there a royal pain in the ass.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tundra Restaurant Supply (Boulder, CO).

Interview

After a couple of phone interviews, i had to complete a huge exercise, to be reviewed when i had my face to face interview. It went well and they assured me to be in touch with me shortly. I never heard back. After a follow up email, I was simply told that somebody else had been selected.
    I tried to get some feedback and/or reason why i didn't get hired - i never heard from them again...

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tundra Restaurant Supply.

Interview

Initial communication with Tundra was via email; their HR Generalist asked for a phone interview with a small group present, 3-4 people. I thought it went well overall, I was prepared for really any type of initial phone interview question that they might throw at me. Some initial red flags popped up, however; the HR Generalist seemed absent minded at times and made for a couple of awkward situations with the questions she asked. Wish I could be more specific, but I want this to stay anonymous.

I managed to move on to their Part 2 of the interview and all I can say was that it was a very unfair situation that they asked of me. I was really disappointed in how unprofessional the whole situation ended up being. I can only hope that the other applicants for this position were given more reasonable parameters during the Part 2 interview. But I never heard back from them at all. That was it. Their HR Generalist even told me they'd let me know one way or the other. So much for professionalism. Oh well. If they treat their employees generally speaking like that, then it was probably for the best.