Turbonomic Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turbonomic Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turbonomic (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a call with an HR person, was a 20 min talk to go over my background and resume.
After that there was a technical interview with a team leader which lasted an hour. He went over my resume and asked me some questions about stuff I did and how I implemented them. The last 20 minutes of the interview were a coding challenge on a shared screen. Was a hard coding challenge and I don't see anyone encountering such a problem in a real world working environment, but I think I did ok.

The annoying part was that no one got back to me to let me know how the process is going. It's ok if I don't pass, but just so say. I think it's very unprofessional to not let know your candidate what's up and just leave him in the dark. If that's the company's thinking than I'd rather not work there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Turbonomic

Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turbonomic (Valhalla, NY).

Interview

Introductory Phone interview for 30-45 mins.

Next On Site interview at Valhalla. I had 7 interviewers and seven individual rounds. Some are 60mins some are 40 mins. 9am - 4 pm. as I remember

I was offered the job after my final round of the interview on the same day. I guess I did well :-D.

All tech questions , you are and engineer , you should know what you have done , how you have done and why you did.

Note: Don't just mug up interview questions and come for the interview, even if you are lucky on the day and get the job, you will not be able to cope up with the tendy tech work here. Prepare your concepts well to make your own the solutions to interview questions. Its never too late.

Be proud to be an Engineer, keep it cool and innovative.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, during the final round with the founder and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Turbonomic (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

You will receive a online test at first. It will have two problems. One is an easy implementation of interface and the other is about DFS. Easy online test. Pay attention to interface. The company focuses on it.

Interview Questions

• Use interface to implement a problem of DFS.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turbonomic (Valhalla, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Resume applied to the website, and contacted by the company for a first phone interview, focusing on previous projects and general programmin questions. Then called for the on site interview with 5 engineers

Interview Questions

• previous projects, generic java OO questions, asked to solve some technical problems regarding threads, data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turbonomic (Valhalla, NY).

Interview

I applied through college career fair and then got an online test. Then went to their office at Valhalla, NY for an onsite interview and meet with about 5 engineers. The interview process took about 2 weeks

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turbonomic in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was very simple. It consisted of two rounds of interviews. One phone screen and an on-site. In the phone screen, they ask simple OOPS and Java related questions. In the on-site interview they mostly go through the resume and ask questions regarding the projects.