Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.8

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I connected with the intern on LinkedIn who worked here for Fall 2016, who also happens to go to the same school as I do. I was given the hiring manager's email address, where I had a phone interview after discussing my qualifications and details of the internship. Then, we had an on-site interview with her and the technical manager. They seem particularly impressed by my skills considering it perfectly matched the job description, as well as using "up-to-date" web technologies, e.g., AngularJS, Node.js, SASS, Git, NPM, Bower, Gulp, and etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself
      2. What shows do you like in Adult Swim
      Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Was contacted by HR and they gathered basic info about me.
        Why are you looking for a new position?
        What is your desired salary level?
        etc...
    2. A software development manager (my future boss) sent me a object oriented coding challenge that I could do in any language and I had to solve in an hour.
    3. I was brought on-site and has to answer the following:
        - Design a relational database model
        - Design a front-end model for a playlist of songs
        - Complete an algorithmic challenge in any language
        - answer a handful of various miscellaneous questions

- Everyone was very nice, helpful, and relaxed during the interview and I thoroughly enjoyed the process. Finally my future boss took me on a tour of the CNN Center, including inside a control room and on the research floor.

Interview Questions

• On-site questions:

Relational Database: How would you design a relational database model given blah, blah, blah. I sketched out on the whiteboard some tables with many-to-many/one-to-many relationships & sample data, wrote queries to pull certain data, and then answered some database questions such as what is an index? what would you want one? what is a downside to creating an index?

Design a front-end using html, css, and JavaScript/jQuery. Design a music player. I made JavaScript/json objects of a playlist and of a complete library of songs. I wrote-out some html/css of how the song/artist/album/etc info would appear to the user, made a play button with javascript behind it, etc.

Algorithmic question to be solved in any language: Write code to determine if a string is a palindrome. Once finished, they said, ok, now write it recursively and the function can only take in one parameter.

They gave me some JavaScript code followed by an ajax call with an onSuccess, followed by more code and asked in what order console.log statements would output.

They gave me some JavaScript code that contained closures/scope/hoisting and console.log statements at various points in the code and asked what the output would be at those points.
      Answer Question

Accounting & Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's job board, and quickly got an on-campus interview. The interviewers were easy to talk to but they had a list of questions they were required to ask which made it difficult to maintain an organic conversation at times. I was asked about 5 technical questions. Then I was invited to an office visit with about 30 other students. We got to mix with many employees at Turner and talk to them about their experiences which was great. The next day involved a panel talking about the Accounting and Finance programs at Turner and then 3 back to back interviews. It was a difficult interview for me but everyone at the company was very approachable.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilize ROI on an investment your company is considering?   Answer Question
    • How do you leverage diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

multiple interviews; knew a few people that worked for the company; Manager appeared to be genuinely nice at first before I was hired. Team was really nice but quiet and divided.

Interview Questions

• typical questions with some personal ones thrown in   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy because this is done with HR but amount offered was more than expected

Investigative Threat Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was subsequently contacted to submit a video via HireVue. After I submitted the video "interview" a few days later I was asked to come in for an in person interview at CNN Center. When I arrived the staff kept me waiting and seemed uninterested and cavalier from the get go which I was taken aback by. I interviewed with the manager of investigations but it was more of me just listening to him talk for 15-20 minutes as I could hardly get a word in. Eventually I was hastily asked 2 or 3 behavioral style questions. Maybe they had already settled on someone else and were going through the motions which is what it felt like... but it was a waste of my time I'd much rather have a company cancel an interview than to waste my time. After the interview I was shown the door, wasn't escorted back out to guest services. As a courtesy I returned my photo visitor badge but wasn't instructed to do so which interestingly and ironically is a security issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I faced a challenge with coworkers and how did I handle the situation.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

1.) Online Interview - You are allowed to submit pre-recorded interview questions. 5 questions. about 3 tries for each. You can practice as many times as you want before hitting the record button. It was quite a comfortable process, as I could record my answers from the comfort of my own home.
    2.) On-site One-on-one
    Was forced to pay for parking. I never heard back from them after my on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the online interview questions was something like: What was a difficult challenge that I faced?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online they call me back within a couple weeks I went in for the prescreening process then the next three days I went in for the PT test if you pass the PT test do you move one for the second interview and after the second interview if you offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time that you had on the pass job and how did you handle   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, and easy to do because I am local to Atlanta. First I got an invitation to complete a video interview at my convenience. (It was a bit of a surprise, as it was 2 months after I applied.) Questions were pre-recorded, and it gave me three takes to record my answer. Following that, I was invited to an in-person interview, with what ended up being the whole team. My last round, I met some of the other folks they work with closely in a speed-dating style interview, and I got an offer after that.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Skype call. I was asked to write a short program while 4 people watched as I tried to write the code. I totally froze. While the challenge was not very hard, I was not warned by the recruiter that I would be doing anything like that. I expected a few tech questions and general interview. I ended the interview in the middle. Recruiter told me it was a C# job and it was a Javascript job. This type of interview was new to me and I will never do one again. Programming while others watch and comment is crazy.

Interview Questions

• Write a js code challenge while 5 watched me type.   1 Answer

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online through a job posting on Indeed that directed me to Turner Broadcasting's official site. The application was simple, and if you are comfortable interviewing electronically, the first interview is simple as well. If you are asked to complete an interview online, follow the link you're provided with and install the program needed. The interview consists of about 5-7 questions. You have 1-2 minutes to respond to each question, and one attempt to retry it. I only made it past the first interview, and it took about 1.5 months to receive a reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer