Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.8

137 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The recruiter called me. Asked me about common questions. Then the manager called me and had a phone screening w/ him. Then in-person interview, which was not bad. The people at Turner are very nice.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to a career fair, and then applied through a school career website. The interview was on-campus. It was a very straightforward and easy process. I still have not received my final offer, but I should get one.

Interview Questions

• Some technical accounting questions that were rather easy.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds of interview, telephonic , onsite and another telephonic . It was fairly structured and expected.
    First was a call from recruiter, followed by telephonic and then an onsite wiith product and technology team.

Interview Questions

• Generic
      1. Tell me something about yourself

5. What you dont like about the website or the product you are applying for
      6. Some relevant product questions   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Multiday ... 6 person interview process for a consulting position. The 6th interviewer didn't even arrive to conduct the interview. Very unprofessional behavior to exhibit and reflect poorly on the entire NBA group as a whole.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by HR for a pretty generic phone screen and then presented to hiring manager as viable candidate. Hiring manager emailed me within a few days after phone screen and we arranged an in-person interview that week. Met with said manager and another counterpart from a different department for what appeared to be a very superficial interview. They asked very nonspecific questions and didn't share much information essential to the position, the needs of the department, or the total vision. It seemed like a box to check for affirmative action compliance, and I left feeling a bit used.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role at the end of May but didn't hear anything back until the 2nd week of July. The automatic reply I got back after I applied did say it may be awhile before I hear back. The initial screening with HR was very positive with a good back and forth dialogue. I was contacted the following week for an interview with the VP (hiring manager) that this role reports in to. I have to say it was a very odd interview. It only lasted 45 minutes. He spent the first 10 or 15 going over the role. His description of the role didn't closely match the posted job description and it was ultimately a fancy title for an Outage Management team with only 7 staff. This is not a Director level position. The title said it was and the job description sounded like it was, but the actual scope of the role is definitely not. There were things in the job description that were not part of what he described. I felt I answered the questions just fine but towards the end of the call it felt more like I was interviewing him and he didn't have answers to some of my questions and the whole process and flow of the department seemed very inefficient. I had many more questions but we ran out of time. When we ended the interview the hiring manager said it looked like I had the skills and experience they were looking for and wanted to set up a lunch in 2 weeks (because he was out of town the next week) as well as he would send me an email with some additional topics for us dive deeper into. I said that would be great even though in all honesty I wasn't sure about the fit for the role but was willing to have a more involved 2nd conversation to explore further. I never heard anything back..lol. Oh well, I guess he felt too that it maybe wasn't a good fit. But if so, then don't tell the person they are 'what you are looking for and let's have a lunch' if you're not serious. I interview candidates all the time and I don't do that. However, who knows - maybe it's still on the table given how long it took for HR to initially get back to me after I posted for the role. Maybe they just move slower there. I never got a "thank you for applying" email either so really not sure what the status is. It doesn't matter anyway because even if they came back to me for this 2nd interview I will decline it because I have since accepted another offer. On a side note I researched the hiring manager on other networking sites and looks like he hops jobs about every year (or less in some cases) so truthfully I'm not sure if he really had a handle on his department nor would he be there much longer anyway. I would like to eventually work at Turner however because I enjoy the entertainment industry.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me since it had been so long since I had been involved in monitoring, how would I be able to be aware of the new technologies and such since that was an important part of their work.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely easy interview. Questions covered basics of Linux, Java, and SQL. Despite having no problem with the interview, and having meet or exceeded their job requirements, still was excluded from the next round of interviewing. They very clearly pick people not by the best qualified, but by something more hidden.

Interview Questions

• How do you list the files in a directory?
      Explain how to perform and UPDATE/INSERT statement.
      What is the difference between a method and a constructor.   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I did an on demand video interview. There were a few questions and I had 2 chances to record a response to the question with my computer's webcam. The 2nd response is automatically submitted when you stop recording.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was generally easy. Spoke on the phone about what I liked about TCM and what I felt I could bring to their team. Both interviewers that I spoke with were very easy going and allowed for me to speak to my talents and such.

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview from the manager, 1 phone interview from human resource personel and 3 separate interviews with supervisors and manager. This is an interview process for engineering position interviewing process for other department might be different.