Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Online interview that you had to record your answer, then I did a Skype interview. After that they wanted to interview me in person and it was barely an interview, they didn't really ask me any questions. Took forever to get back to me. Forever.

Digital Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I took a math test and did a digital interview. The interview was very easy and consisted of basic questions that seemed more of a "get to know you" rather than a formal interview. Nothing too hard at all. The digital interview process was something new to me, and actually was very interested. On the screen there was a video of someone asking the question and then it would let you press record to record your answer and stop when you are finished responding. You could re-record if needed.

I interviewed over a month ago and have heard NOTHING. No yes or no. I had figured that if I had taken the time to interview they would have at least gotten back to me either way, but unfortunately they just leave you hanging.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

They'll call you after you have been chosen. Once you're chosen they'll give you a call to set up an interview. Interview would be scheduled about a week after.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview was held over the phone with HR out of Atlanta; the interviewer was very pleasant and had assured me that my experience was right in line with what they were looking for. She forwarded my resume to the hiring manager in Chicago and I was called up for an in-person interview within 72 hours.

This is where things went sour. I met with two people separately. The first was very friendly, enthusiastic, and interested in my experience. I was feeling confident.

The 2nd person I met with was the actual hiring manager. He started with the very basic question "tell me about yourself", and I wasn't 1 minute into my response when he stopped me. Told me to not hold my breath for the position and that I should be very aware that there were several internal applicants for this position, as well as quite a few external applicants (like myself) that had twice the years of career experience that I did. I had to literally force myself to not have my jaw hit the floor. Excuse me, it's not like I invited myself into the office. After all, isn't the hiring manager the person who gives the go-ahead for me to come in? I assured him that even with my level of experience vs. others, I would be an asset to the team and gave concrete examples. He kept telling me (verbatim) to not hold my breath. This was quite possibly the rudest anyone has ever been to me on an interview, not to mention unprofessional.

In the end, can't say that I was too sad to not be given an offer; I would not have wanted to work closely with such a rude person anyways.

Strategic Planning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Chicago, IL) in December 2008.

Interview

It was an easy process with clear and direct follow-up on both ends.