Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Turner Broadcasting

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email to do a recorded video interview. After not hearing anything back regarding my interview, I sent a personal email to the HR rep that set the interview up. I didn't receive a response. Finally, after 4 months, I finally received the generic, "thanks for applying but we are pursuing other candidates." I know they are a large company, and very busy, but, it was a bit of a let down to go through the recorded video interview and not receive any specific information regarding it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience is related to the current position.   1 Answer

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I did an on demand video interview. There were a few questions and I had 2 chances to record a response to the question with my computer's webcam. The 2nd response is automatically submitted when you stop recording.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. There were basic questions about SQL, Java and Unix. I felt the interview went well. About 2 days later I was contacted by my Recruiter informing me that the interview went fairly well but they were looking for something more. Which was really vague. Wasn't really any detailed feedback

Interview Questions

• What is the command to connect to another host in Unix?   3 Answers

Lead Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Technical interview was comprehensive, including an in house one hour time limited test that would have taken two hours to complete... a gut check for accuracy under pressure. It was clear that they wanted smart people that can get things done - no google type trivia questions. Whiteboard sessions solving actual problems with written pseudo code.

Interview Questions

• Some deep xslt questions, the rest was php/python/javascript/jquery/css.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely easy interview. Questions covered basics of Linux, Java, and SQL. Despite having no problem with the interview, and having meet or exceeded their job requirements, still was excluded from the next round of interviewing. They very clearly pick people not by the best qualified, but by something more hidden.

Interview Questions

• How do you list the files in a directory?
      Explain how to perform and UPDATE/INSERT statement.
      What is the difference between a method and a constructor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter who left a message. Tried to return the call a couple of times and left messages. Finally reached the person and got a rude will call you back. Never called back and the number was disconnected.
     No idea of if they wanted to talk to me or what.
    Pretty poor first impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was great. They asked a series of questions about different scenarios relating to accounting. If you are weak minded, then this is not the job for you. They expect for you to be creative and idealistic. It's not just the fact to have an accounting degree. You have to be so much more than that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Glendale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Stringent and long interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying, I went to 2 of the 3 rounds of interviews. The first interview was online and the second was in person. It was mostly basic conversation about myself and my interviewer went over the job description and wanted to know if I could fulfill those requirements. She was pretty informative about how the process worked and also told me that she would be interviewing a few more candidates and getting back to me the following week.

Web Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2008.

Interview

They are a company with very smart people at all levels. The interview was very friendly and conversational. I was asked to do some test work and was then brought in right away.
    They covered all travel expenses to and from the work site in Atlanta.
    The were willing to empower their employees and not micromanage them.
    Overall good place to work.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been perform web consulting services?   1 Answer