Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.8

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Multiday ... 6 person interview process for a consulting position. The 6th interviewer didn't even arrive to conduct the interview. Very unprofessional behavior to exhibit and reflect poorly on the entire NBA group as a whole.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role at the end of May but didn't hear anything back until the 2nd week of July. The automatic reply I got back after I applied did say it may be awhile before I hear back. The initial screening with HR was very positive with a good back and forth dialogue. I was contacted the following week for an interview with the VP (hiring manager) that this role reports in to. I have to say it was a very odd interview. It only lasted 45 minutes. He spent the first 10 or 15 going over the role. His description of the role didn't closely match the posted job description and it was ultimately a fancy title for an Outage Management team with only 7 staff. This is not a Director level position. The title said it was and the job description sounded like it was, but the actual scope of the role is definitely not. There were things in the job description that were not part of what he described. I felt I answered the questions just fine but towards the end of the call it felt more like I was interviewing him and he didn't have answers to some of my questions and the whole process and flow of the department seemed very inefficient. I had many more questions but we ran out of time. When we ended the interview the hiring manager said it looked like I had the skills and experience they were looking for and wanted to set up a lunch in 2 weeks (because he was out of town the next week) as well as he would send me an email with some additional topics for us dive deeper into. I said that would be great even though in all honesty I wasn't sure about the fit for the role but was willing to have a more involved 2nd conversation to explore further. I never heard anything back..lol. Oh well, I guess he felt too that it maybe wasn't a good fit. But if so, then don't tell the person they are 'what you are looking for and let's have a lunch' if you're not serious. I interview candidates all the time and I don't do that. However, who knows - maybe it's still on the table given how long it took for HR to initially get back to me after I posted for the role. Maybe they just move slower there. I never got a "thank you for applying" email either so really not sure what the status is. It doesn't matter anyway because even if they came back to me for this 2nd interview I will decline it because I have since accepted another offer. On a side note I researched the hiring manager on other networking sites and looks like he hops jobs about every year (or less in some cases) so truthfully I'm not sure if he really had a handle on his department nor would he be there much longer anyway. I would like to eventually work at Turner however because I enjoy the entertainment industry.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me since it had been so long since I had been involved in monitoring, how would I be able to be aware of the new technologies and such since that was an important part of their work.   1 Answer

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online to the position in February. Shortly after I had a telephone screen, they basically told me that I had to wait until I graduated, which is fine. I then was asked to come for an in-person interview in June. The people were nice and the interview went for about 40 minutes--I thought I was a pretty strong candidate. They said I would hear back in 2 weeks. It has now been a month and I've reached out to several people--no answers from anyone. This process was long and frustrating.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter who left a message. Tried to return the call a couple of times and left messages. Finally reached the person and got a rude will call you back. Never called back and the number was disconnected.
     No idea of if they wanted to talk to me or what.
    Pretty poor first impression.

Internship Interview

Interview

Only made it through the first round of the interview process. Mostly basic questions. Recorded my answers and sent them in, so I didn't get to speak to an actual employee. Got feedback from company pretty fast.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

I applied for a few of Turner's internships in late November/early December. I went a few months without hearing anything and then received an email from a recruiter asking for a video interview. After the video interview I waited another week or so before being told I was moving on to in person interviews at. I did two rounds of in person interviews over the next 2-3 weeks and was called a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about the experiences on your resume.
      - What's something we wouldn't know about you by looking at your resume?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was generally easy. Spoke on the phone about what I liked about TCM and what I felt I could bring to their team. Both interviewers that I spoke with were very easy going and allowed for me to speak to my talents and such.

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Easy. Only took about 20 minutes. The interview was more of a dialogue and less of Q/A. Explained the internship program.Phone interview and said we would be in touch in about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume? What experience do you have?   Answer Question

ASR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

HireVue interview. They invited me to do a math test and respond to a bunch of questions in video on line. Honestly, the process was challenging and fun, but I never heard back. In a world that is so focussed on brand, I will definitely do my best to avoid using Turner products in the future. Why would I spend my money on a company that does not value its interviewees?

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Simple... Process with a phone screen by the recruiter, then face to face interviews for 30 minutes each. If they like you then they may slide some additional people into meet you that you'll be working with if hired.