Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.8

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter (Great guy) at first and was asked to interview a day after speaking with someone at the office in which i was to interview. The whole process was very quick as they wanted to rush me in for the interview. I changed my entire schedule around to meet when they said they preferred to meet and then they told me the person they wanted me to interview with would be out of the office that day.... I interviewed with two different people. Email communication was basically non-existent and was left hanging for over two weeks without receiving any notice after i had sent 3 follow up emails. Extremely unprofessional experience overall. Interview seemed doomed from the start since I didn't even get to interview with the person they wanted me to. Qualifications do not seem to be a factor either. They either want you or they don't.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job posting on Indeed that directed me to Turner Broadcasting's official site. The application was simple, and if you are comfortable interviewing electronically, the first interview is simple as well. If you are asked to complete an interview online, follow the link you're provided with and install the program needed. The interview consists of about 5-7 questions. You have 1-2 minutes to respond to each question, and one attempt to retry it. I only made it past the first interview, and it took about 1.5 months to receive a reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Web Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, HR and with Hiring Manager. Be prepared with questions related to your resume such as projects, Skills, Work Experiance.

Hr takes the screening then he setup video interview with hiring manager. He test you skills and asks basic questions related to position you have applied

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral and basics technical.
      about yourself ?
      Your projects ?
      Previous Work Experiance

CNN Creative Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

- Submitted my resume to the black box on their website
    - Heard back from HR on several positions that I applied for, and did a Turner Broadcasting and then a separate CNN online interview (basically a one-sided Skype interview with your webcam)
    - Scheduled a phone interview and got the job but often they require another phone interview or an in-person interview if the candidate is nearby

Senior Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then F2F with a panel. The questions are standard Business Analysis questions. The environment was very relaxed but fast paced and really busy. I could tell everyone I interviewed with was well-versed in their specific area of expertise. I was correct.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to add to our process?   1 Answer
    • Asked to complete a case study.   1 Answer

Marketing Adult Swim Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked to complete an online interview in which I would record myself answering questions posted via a text box. The interview was easy enough but a lot of it did not seem to pertain to the position (marketing). I don't know if the online, "digital" interview was meant to serve for data mining purposes but it felt very impersonal. I prefer face-to-face interviews so I did not enjoy this experience at all. I was also told that I would be contacted by a Turner rep as to whether I would be chosen for the next round of interviews or not. As other Turner Glassdoor reviews have stated on here, I was also never contacted on whether I advanced or not and the internship has already begun. I do feel disrespected that a Turner rep. could supposedly take time to review my digital interview (which was about 30 minutes in length) but could not take the extra couple of minutes to inform me via a few sentences in an email (which could even have been automated) that I did not move on to the next phase of the interview process. Because I was under the impression that I would be contacted either way, I felt that they were not considerate of letting me know whether I had advanced to the next stage or not. It has personally turned me off from Turner as a company and I have warned many others when applying to Turner of my experience. Please be more considerate of the people you are interviewing and give them a hard yes or no instead of ignoring them all together if they did not advance to the next stage of the interview process. It's a courtesy all potential candidates deserve.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about Turner?
      Would you be able to commit to 20 hours a week?
      What do you like to do for fun?

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter contcted with a phone screen. Then a tech phone interview, but mostly discuss the projects they worked on and this position will be working on, very tipical phone interview. Then an onsite interview with the team. The onsite includes a tech exam, then talk with the team for the exam and projects that they are workimg on, then benefits package. Very typical.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you were facing and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Full Stack Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied through Turner website. Was asked by Tech Recruiter several weeks later for interview with position manager. Talked on the phone for about 30 minutes about position and job environment. Was given a small coding test to develop a website from a mock psd file. Submitted it and was asked for skype interview the following week. Was told they were going with another candidate, overall no opinion on experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked to create a mock website from PSD file.   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, put in touch with team lead. Phone screen of basic tech questions and some "why are you interested? why are you willing to leave current position?" type questions. Invited to in person panel "get to know you" interview. Given a technical assessment exercise...which is where it began to go south.

The technical assessment was a series of simple programming exercises. I completed the exercises and was invited back to review with the team. The guy I would be most directly reporting to kept exclaiming what a great job I had done and how it was really more than they'd expected and that he would have done much less to complete the assignment. This did not impress me very much. As we talked and compared my experience to their expectations and processes it became clear to me that their processes are broken. Communication and coordination between teams seemed very difficult. Expectations seemed low. Willingness to perform at a higher level and deliver better results seemed theoretical at best.

Interview Questions

• Extend jQuery with your own favorite function   1 Answer
    • Write a recursive closure that will go the values for all factorials up to ’n’   1 Answer
    • Write a SASS function that will take 4 variables and compile   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Took over a month to hear anything after 3 interviews. Only found out from a friend of a friend I was no longer being considered and other canidates had been hired. It is extremely inconsiderate not to let candidates know the job is no longer available and people have been hired. Anyone with 3 interviews would be hopeful.

Interview Questions

• Favorite Turner shows?
      What did you have for breakfast this morning?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?