Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.8

Digital Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I took a math test and did a digital interview. The interview was very easy and consisted of basic questions that seemed more of a "get to know you" rather than a formal interview. Nothing too hard at all. The digital interview process was something new to me, and actually was very interested. On the screen there was a video of someone asking the question and then it would let you press record to record your answer and stop when you are finished responding. You could re-record if needed.

I interviewed over a month ago and have heard NOTHING. No yes or no. I had figured that if I had taken the time to interview they would have at least gotten back to me either way, but unfortunately they just leave you hanging.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Simple... Process with a phone screen by the recruiter, then face to face interviews for 30 minutes each. If they like you then they may slide some additional people into meet you that you'll be working with if hired.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager (Sr. Director) and VP. My final interview was a presentation with the Sr. Director, VP, and SVP.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leader would you describe yourself? How do you handle tough situations   Answer Question

Event Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Very straight forward, you apply online and then get a phone interview with the hiring manager. Offer was received in March and the internship started in June. The interview was more like a conversation and I did not feel intimidated by the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a challenge.   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Lasted 3hrs kept hinting about me being over qualified for position. Why do you want to work for Turner in this position if I have a license. Made me believe I was going to get an offer but I did not.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (State College, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was a Digital Interview on HireVue. Around 10 questions, two chances to answer each questions with two minutes of response time, each time. The questions were about my skills and what I could bring basically. I received a second interview, conducted over the phone. A lot more questions, some were scenarios, some were about the company and some were about different sports teams.

Director, Digital Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume VIA friend who works for Turner. Contacted directly by the hiring team, no HR involvement. Had a great phone interview with a Director in NYC and she followed up with introducing me through email to the SVP of Rev Ops, he in turn asked to meet for breakfast while visiting my area. Night before the breakfast interview I received a calendar event cancellation, no reason given. Followed up and eventually the response was that there was an emergency in Atlanta and his trip was cancelled. I followed up twice to reschedule either a phone or in person interview and after two weeks of no response I received a form letter from Turner HR stating they've decided to pursue other candidates. Extremely unprofessional experience, will remember this when dealing with Turner in the future. It's not that large of an industry and common courtesy and communication can go a long way with little effort.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? (I summed up the question, it was asked with a lot more flair and buzz words)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screening, group interview with hiring manager and another dept lead, then came back for more 1:1 interviews, and lastly a VP interview. I had another offer on the line so they expedited the process in order to offer me a position.

Very responsive and helpful throughout the process.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was relatively painless. Had a skype interview followed by an in person interview where I was asked basic questions. I was genuinely under qualified for the position and therefore did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you appease a discontented client at your last job?   Answer Question

Ad Advanced Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2017.

Interview

I was refered by a former employee and got a call from HR within the same week, the manager was leaving on vacation so we set up a second phone interview on the same day. My experience in my phone interview was good, I was asked about my interest and experience. About 1 week later I got asked to come in to an in person interview with the team. I was given a scenario to analyze and write out the process. I was given 20 minutes to gather my thoughts and I was able to use the white board. After 20 minutes, the whole team came in and we talked about the activity and how I came up with the solution. This was a great way to interview. After that the manager and I went outside and talked more about my experiences. I had a great feeling leaving out of the office, and was given a headsup that it will probably be about a month for me to hear back. I actually didn't hear back for about 2 months, and they decided to hire internally. I was dissapointed that they waited this long to make that decision, obviously I did not wait for them and kept interviewing at other companies.

Interview Questions

• case study about current problems with 2 applications, and how to improve them.   Answer Question