Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.8

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Athens, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school submitting my resume and written answers to a few questions based on my purpose and goals.
    The interview was rather informal, the interviewer asked typical questions he told me he googled on his smartphone along with questions on my past experiences. He explained the position for what he said was the 10th time in two days.
    Although I enjoyed the interview and it was refreshingly honest, it did not seem very effective in choosing a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you more visual or more analytical?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and quickly invited to a phone interview with a couple of their engineers. They asked a lot of personal and social questions, sometimes dipping briefly into very light background questions. According to them, they were looking to fill the position quickly, and the lack of any in-person interview combined with no technical questions makes me suspect that they had unofficially decided on a candidate, and that the interview itself was done entirely as a courtesy.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a video interview, followed by an interview with 4 HR managers. After that, I had an interview with the person who needed the assistant, and lastly with the HR Executive. I got very far in the process but was ultimately not offered the position; however, when 400+ people apply for a position and I make it to the final 4, I consider it a success. Because at that point, it's down to splitting hairs / personal preference -- I wouldn't have made it past all the preliminary stages if I weren't qualified for the position.

All-in-all, my interview experience with CNN / Turner Broadcasting was great and ... kind of fun. It confirmed that it was a good fit for me, and I have continued to seek out positions that suit my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for the video interview?   1 Answer

Image and Sound Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

First completed a recorded video interview. Then two months later was called by the department head. Very easy and conversational. Hiring Manager answered all questions I had about the job and then some. She ended the call with "My last question is: Do you want the internship?" Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work at any hour, as our shifts cover 24/7 news?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You'll get an email stating that you've been selected to go further and asked to do a video interview, with about a 1:30 min to answer each question.
    Then if they like your video interview, you proceed to a phone or Skype interview.
    That's it. Pretty Simple.
    Both interviews asked the usual questions about yourself and past background jobs.

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First I applied online. I was then instructed to take a mathematics test within 3 days of the email. The email was sent to me about a week after I applied. I passed the test and was then invited to interview. The interview consisted of basic questions. It was a pretty solid interview. I then told that they would keep in touch about the decision. Basically after following up twice and a month after the in-person interview, I was told I was not offered the position. The overall process from the application to the decision was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What is your greatest strength?
      A time you were faced with a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it?
      Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews from online video questionnaire to 3 face to face interviews with multiple managers and HR personal. This included direct Manager, Sr. Manager. Director and VPN of the department. From applying to end the process took almost 8 months. After applying it took 2 months to get my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance where you made a decision that someone did not agree with you.   Answer Question

International Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the parent company (Time Warner) in January online. I had found the posting on LinkedIn. It was a 1 hour interview in-person with two supervisors in International sales operations. It was clear that one had the seniority but both were very involved in the process. They contacted all applicants within a week to inform them of their decision. I recommend always sending thank you notes. If it's a position you really really want then send individual hand written notes. (Note: This is especially well received in the Southern states)

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1-10 rate your computer skill level.   1 Answer
    • What is 1/3 of 150?   1 Answer
    • Imagine there is a tent in front of you and it is 30 ft by 30 ft, then how many people can you fit inside?   1 Answer
    • Lots of scenario questions. Example: How would you handle a difficult customer? Name a scenario in which you and your coworkers have disagreed and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

As I'm slowly getting through school as I go further down this path to my degree getting experience is emphasized. What better way to do this than with a company that you enjoy. So I did some research to look at companies I liked and came across a web developer internship position.

I quickly applied.

This was a 3 Step Process:
    1.) Video Interview
    2.) Phone Call Interview
    3.) Meeting

The environment here was AWESOME!

Interview Questions

• What's your story, how'd you get into (position applied for)?   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took about 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (in Atlanta, GA). First, went through a phone interview. After, I was invited for a second, in-person interview. Interviewers were very friendly and it was easy to engage in conversation/answer questions. About a week after the second interview, I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any Production experience? If not, how does your prior experience relate to this position?   Answer Question