Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.8

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview from the manager, 1 phone interview from human resource personel and 3 separate interviews with supervisors and manager. This is an interview process for engineering position interviewing process for other department might be different.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

I did not have to interview.I did not have to interview.I did not have to interview.I did not have to interview.I did not have to interview.I did not have to interview.

Adult Swim Programming Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Denton, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is in three parts. The first is kind of like a one-way Skype interview? A question pops up on screen, you get 2 tries, 30 seconds to think of an answer, and 3 minutes to record an answer. The second is an actual Skype interview with your hiring manager and a few members of the department you will be working in. The third is an interview with Keith Crofford, the executive VP of Adult Swim.

Interview Questions

• Was is your biggest accomplishment in your career so far?   1 Answer

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter after applying online, and then he introduced me to a team that I had a second interview with. After reaching out after three weeks to both the team and the recruiter, the recruiter informed me they went with another candidate. However, he told me another team was hiring so I went for another interview with the second team. After reaching out multiple times, I have not heard anything from Turner, good or bad, after three months. The process was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with a supervisor and how you overcame that situation?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I connected with the intern on LinkedIn who worked here for Fall 2016, who also happens to go to the same school as I do. I was given the hiring manager's email address, where I had a phone interview after discussing my qualifications and details of the internship. Then, we had an on-site interview with her and the technical manager. They seem particularly impressed by my skills considering it perfectly matched the job description, as well as using "up-to-date" web technologies, e.g., AngularJS, Node.js, SASS, Git, NPM, Bower, Gulp, and etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself
      2. What shows do you like in Adult Swim   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Was contacted by HR and they gathered basic info about me.
        Why are you looking for a new position?
        What is your desired salary level?
        etc...
    2. A software development manager (my future boss) sent me a object oriented coding challenge that I could do in any language and I had to solve in an hour.
    3. I was brought on-site and has to answer the following:
        - Design a relational database model
        - Design a front-end model for a playlist of songs
        - Complete an algorithmic challenge in any language
        - answer a handful of various miscellaneous questions

- Everyone was very nice, helpful, and relaxed during the interview and I thoroughly enjoyed the process. Finally my future boss took me on a tour of the CNN Center, including inside a control room and on the research floor.

Interview Questions

• On-site questions:

Relational Database: How would you design a relational database model given blah, blah, blah. I sketched out on the whiteboard some tables with many-to-many/one-to-many relationships & sample data, wrote queries to pull certain data, and then answered some database questions such as what is an index? what would you want one? what is a downside to creating an index?

Design a front-end using html, css, and JavaScript/jQuery. Design a music player. I made JavaScript/json objects of a playlist and of a complete library of songs. I wrote-out some html/css of how the song/artist/album/etc info would appear to the user, made a play button with javascript behind it, etc.

Algorithmic question to be solved in any language: Write code to determine if a string is a palindrome. Once finished, they said, ok, now write it recursively and the function can only take in one parameter.

They gave me some JavaScript code followed by an ajax call with an onSuccess, followed by more code and asked in what order console.log statements would output.

They gave me some JavaScript code that contained closures/scope/hoisting and console.log statements at various points in the code and asked what the output would be at those points.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through Time Warner Careers page.
    Received email to take a HireVue Video Interview and Media Math Assessment

The recruiter was professional and helpful. The technology of video interviews can be a little wonky and is much more uncomfortable to me than a traditional in person interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

Not too challenging. Mainly behavioral with a few technical questions. One on campus interview, 3 office interviews. The interviewers were nice and easy going. We had an interview social the night before which helped to break the ice. Overall not a bad interview, study for it but nothing insane

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was done on campus and they got back to me within two weeks! Got selected for next interview but it has not happened as of yet. It will be multiple interviews though.

Accounting & Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's job board, and quickly got an on-campus interview. The interviewers were easy to talk to but they had a list of questions they were required to ask which made it difficult to maintain an organic conversation at times. I was asked about 5 technical questions. Then I was invited to an office visit with about 30 other students. We got to mix with many employees at Turner and talk to them about their experiences which was great. The next day involved a panel talking about the Accounting and Finance programs at Turner and then 3 back to back interviews. It was a difficult interview for me but everyone at the company was very approachable.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilize ROI on an investment your company is considering?   Answer Question
    • How do you leverage diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question