Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.9

ASR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

HireVue interview. They invited me to do a math test and respond to a bunch of questions in video on line. Honestly, the process was challenging and fun, but I never heard back. In a world that is so focussed on brand, I will definitely do my best to avoid using Turner products in the future. Why would I spend my money on a company that does not value its interviewees?

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager (Sr. Director) and VP. My final interview was a presentation with the Sr. Director, VP, and SVP.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leader would you describe yourself? How do you handle tough situations   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screening, group interview with hiring manager and another dept lead, then came back for more 1:1 interviews, and lastly a VP interview. I had another offer on the line so they expedited the process in order to offer me a position.

Very responsive and helpful throughout the process.

Director, Digital Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume VIA friend who works for Turner. Contacted directly by the hiring team, no HR involvement. Had a great phone interview with a Director in NYC and she followed up with introducing me through email to the SVP of Rev Ops, he in turn asked to meet for breakfast while visiting my area. Night before the breakfast interview I received a calendar event cancellation, no reason given. Followed up and eventually the response was that there was an emergency in Atlanta and his trip was cancelled. I followed up twice to reschedule either a phone or in person interview and after two weeks of no response I received a form letter from Turner HR stating they've decided to pursue other candidates. Extremely unprofessional experience, will remember this when dealing with Turner in the future. It's not that large of an industry and common courtesy and communication can go a long way with little effort.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? (I summed up the question, it was asked with a lot more flair and buzz words)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter after applying online, and then he introduced me to a team that I had a second interview with. After reaching out after three weeks to both the team and the recruiter, the recruiter informed me they went with another candidate. However, he told me another team was hiring so I went for another interview with the second team. After reaching out multiple times, I have not heard anything from Turner, good or bad, after three months. The process was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with a supervisor and how you overcame that situation?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

Not too challenging. Mainly behavioral with a few technical questions. One on campus interview, 3 office interviews. The interviewers were nice and easy going. We had an interview social the night before which helped to break the ice. Overall not a bad interview, study for it but nothing insane

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was done on campus and they got back to me within two weeks! Got selected for next interview but it has not happened as of yet. It will be multiple interviews though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied via Entertainment Careers and heard back that I had to take a math test and submit an online interview. The math test was very simple- lots of percentage questions that you had to complete within the hour. The recorded online interview was also simple learning more about your background. A few days later I was asked to come into the office for an interview. Here i was interviewed by two of the supervisors where they asked a lot about my experience and example questions like describe "A time when your detailed oriented skills helped you?" I was told then I would hear back in two weeks and then would start in four weeks. I heard back a week and a half later that I did not get the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Turner?
      Describe a time when your detail oriented skills helped you?
      Describe your problem solving skills and a specific example of when you used them?
      Describe a time when things did not go as planned and you had to react to it?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Web Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, HR and with Hiring Manager. Be prepared with questions related to your resume such as projects, Skills, Work Experiance.

Hr takes the screening then he setup video interview with hiring manager. He test you skills and asks basic questions related to position you have applied

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral and basics technical.
      about yourself ?
      Your projects ?
      Previous Work Experiance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First I applied online. I was then instructed to take a mathematics test within 3 days of the email. The email was sent to me about a week after I applied. I passed the test and was then invited to interview. The interview consisted of basic questions. It was a pretty solid interview. I then told that they would keep in touch about the decision. Basically after following up twice and a month after the in-person interview, I was told I was not offered the position. The overall process from the application to the decision was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What is your greatest strength?
      A time you were faced with a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it?