Turner Construction Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.8

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Met at career fair. Called in for a 2nd interview within a month. Interview consists of three round interview with 2 people each in one room. Hence, a total of 6 people evaluate you. The recruiters we're super friendly and explained about the company and also took us to one of their job sites. I did not hear back within a week. But I emailed them back and got a reply as a offer for the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Construction

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Was invited to spend the day at the office. In the morning there are 5-6 people interviewing you in a period of 30 min and then in the afternoon was taken to a site tour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Informal panel based interview. Each panel member interviews each candidate one on one. Group of candidates were then taken to an active job site. This allowed candidates to speak to current employers in the field see what the Turner does on a daily basis.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I had three rounds of interview. First met with the recruiters during the career fair, was contacted for an on-campus interview. It was an interview with two alumni and fairly straightforward behavioral questions. Following that was an in-office interview with two employees (one of them being the co-op coordinator) and I got a final surprise phone interview at 9 in the morning... that was very unexpected but also behavioral as well.

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Youngstown, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred to CEO by a business partner. I had a phone interview on a Monday then was called the next on a Tuesday to confirm coming in for a in person interview on Friday.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

SHPE 2016
    Very easy going and friendly
    You do not feel like you are in an interview.
    Behavioral and technical.
    Basically they start analyzing your resume or CV point by point. while talking about your experiences, they ask you about difficulties you encountered and how you overcame them.
    Technical questions differs between each career path.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by an engineer who happens to be a Michigan Alumni. The interview was fun. He was about my age so it was easy to relate to him. He mentioned that transitions take place but we start off as assistant engineers.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage an project?
      What will you do to blow your steam of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Denver, CO).

Interview

1st round was College interview on campus. 2nd round started with dinner and series of one on one interviews. Various aspects of technical, experiences, scenario based, cultural and social questions were asked to test the candidate. Highly competitive selection of candidates from various top construction universities across the country

Interview Questions

• How did you manage the conflicts between coworkers or superiors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Was an personality Interview, with one emplyee who's been there for 15 yrs and one alum. Met at the college career fair, then applied online. got an email asking to schedule the interview for next week. Interview was about 45 minutes in a small room on campus. Had nice conversation with the interviewers

Interview Questions

• Questions from their company statements, your generic personality questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my University. First round on campus with two recruiters. Second round was on site, Round Robbins style. Very relaxed, get to know you setting with 6 different employees. There was a dinner with the other recruits and employees the night before interviews. They gave a presentation on Turner and we could get to know our interviewers a little bit before going in the next day.