Turner Construction Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turner Construction Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

SHPE 2016
Very easy going and friendly
You do not feel like you are in an interview.
Behavioral and technical.
Basically they start analyzing your resume or CV point by point. while talking about your experiences, they ask you about difficulties you encountered and how you overcame them.
Technical questions differs between each career path.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
    Tell me about your self.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Construction

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by an engineer who happens to be a Michigan Alumni. The interview was fun. He was about my age so it was easy to relate to him. He mentioned that transitions take place but we start off as assistant engineers.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage an project?
      What will you do to blow your steam of work?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Denver, CO).

Interview

1st round was College interview on campus. 2nd round started with dinner and series of one on one interviews. Various aspects of technical, experiences, scenario based, cultural and social questions were asked to test the candidate. Highly competitive selection of candidates from various top construction universities across the country

Interview Questions

• How did you manage the conflicts between coworkers or superiors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Was an personality Interview, with one emplyee who's been there for 15 yrs and one alum. Met at the college career fair, then applied online. got an email asking to schedule the interview for next week. Interview was about 45 minutes in a small room on campus. Had nice conversation with the interviewers

Interview Questions

• Questions from their company statements, your generic personality questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my University. First round on campus with two recruiters. Second round was on site, Round Robbins style. Very relaxed, get to know you setting with 6 different employees. There was a dinner with the other recruits and employees the night before interviews. They gave a presentation on Turner and we could get to know our interviewers a little bit before going in the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Turner as part of an on campus recruiting session. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with two interviewers. Both interviewers had been working with Turner for 15+ years and shared their experiences and the roles they have had over the years. There were no technical questions, rather they were mostly focused on personality traits. It was all to see how you would interact with others, considering the company’s projects are team based. I was told I would hear back in approximately 2-3 weeks if Turner is interested in proceeding with the interview process. I heard back and had a second round interview in Turner’s office. The day consisted of a handful of short interviews with people of various roles in the office, as well as a site tour. I was told at the end of the day that I would hear back in about 2 weeks regarding an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time that you were working with a team and a member of the team did not pull his/her weight. What did or would you do to resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

it was a smooth long interview, discussed experience. future plans and past studies. life perspective, points of weakness and strengths. where do i live and how do i go to work. discussed the pay and the benefits.

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

They visited my school and offered a meet and greet where we could sign up for interviews I was not confident with how the interview went but it went alright. At a construction competition in Reno later that year they called me and offered me a second round interview. I interviewed with the recruiting manager and the project manager who would be my supervisor if I got the job. They got back to me about two weeks later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about leadership positions and my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Several short interviews with different team members (someone in estimating department, project executive, member in purchasing, etc.) regarding future goals and interests in construction. Very laid back and personable process with a friendly group of interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Three rounds. Non-technical. The people were very nice and the company culture was good. I would have loved to have gotten an offer. But everything happens for a reason. I would recommend applying to Turner if you like construction. They build awesome projects and are nice people. Definitely will apply again. hoping for the best.