Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Talked with four interviewers one on one (Operations Manager, HR Manager, and two VDC coordinators) in 30 minute blocks, with three other candidates. Each candidate rotated between the four interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an ethical problem in your workplace/education, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with Revit/Tekla/Sketchup/Rhinoceros/Grasshopper?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I was brought into the office and escorted to a suite to a prepared interview and after a while, I was brought out to another suite for another interview and after that interview, I was told that the interview was finished and I would receive a response in the following week.

Interview Questions

• Past experience in architecture and construction   1 Answer

Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

During the interview process me and four other candidates were alternated between four different interviewers every 30 minutes. Each interviewer had different kinds of question and were from different areas and positions in the company.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Turner?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Very quick process for first round interviews. A series of five or six typical scenario questions were asked. It feels like interview was rushed because they were scheduled very close together.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews, one of them being at the company office. They provide a nice dinner the day before and breakfast and lunch the day of. You stay at the hotel a block away overnight. Everyone I spoke with were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Flexible Interview

Interview

Interview was a delight. The staff was very kind and professional. They asked good questions, and it was a comfortable environment. I met with an executive, and then with HR, and I felt everything went well.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied to the entry-level project engineer position in Buffalo in early October through Turner's online application process. I received a call from the Albany office in December asking if I was still interested in a position and set up an interview in their office. Met with three men all holding positions (not HR) and just went around the table with each of them taking turns asking questions from a packet. Told me I would receive a phone call by the end of the following week either way, informing me if I was receiving an offer or not. Almost a month later and still no phone call.

Interview Questions

• WHY TURNER?   Answer Question
    • Project you have been involved with that had an unsuccessful outcome   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you have incorporated the principles of lean management into a project   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to the Society of Hispanic Engineers conference in Seattle, Washington and got an interview after I spoke to them. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you supported a group's decision even though you disagreed with it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Was an personality Interview, with one emplyee who's been there for 15 yrs and one alum. Met at the college career fair, then applied online. got an email asking to schedule the interview for next week. Interview was about 45 minutes in a small room on campus. Had nice conversation with the interviewers

Interview Questions

• Questions from their company statements, your generic personality questions   Answer Question

Field Engineer/Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First Interview: Behavioural questions
    Second Interview: dinner with the rest of the applicants and the interview and the main interview was the next day at the headquarters in Virginia. It did not feel like an interview, more like a chat. Breakfast and Lunch was provided.
    Come prepared to ask them difficult question that will leave them an impression.