Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews, one of them being at the company office. They provide a nice dinner the day before and breakfast and lunch the day of. You stay at the hotel a block away overnight. Everyone I spoke with were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Flexible Interview

Interview

Interview was a delight. The staff was very kind and professional. They asked good questions, and it was a comfortable environment. I met with an executive, and then with HR, and I felt everything went well.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied to the entry-level project engineer position in Buffalo in early October through Turner's online application process. I received a call from the Albany office in December asking if I was still interested in a position and set up an interview in their office. Met with three men all holding positions (not HR) and just went around the table with each of them taking turns asking questions from a packet. Told me I would receive a phone call by the end of the following week either way, informing me if I was receiving an offer or not. Almost a month later and still no phone call.

Interview Questions

• WHY TURNER?   Answer Question
    • Project you have been involved with that had an unsuccessful outcome   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you have incorporated the principles of lean management into a project   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turner Construction in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through Time Warner Careers page.
    Received email to take a HireVue Video Interview and Media Math Assessment

The recruiter was professional and helpful. The technology of video interviews can be a little wonky and is much more uncomfortable to me than a traditional in person interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to the Society of Hispanic Engineers conference in Seattle, Washington and got an interview after I spoke to them. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you supported a group's decision even though you disagreed with it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Was an personality Interview, with one emplyee who's been there for 15 yrs and one alum. Met at the college career fair, then applied online. got an email asking to schedule the interview for next week. Interview was about 45 minutes in a small room on campus. Had nice conversation with the interviewers

Interview Questions

• Questions from their company statements, your generic personality questions   Answer Question

Field Engineer/Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First Interview: Behavioural questions
    Second Interview: dinner with the rest of the applicants and the interview and the main interview was the next day at the headquarters in Virginia. It did not feel like an interview, more like a chat. Breakfast and Lunch was provided.
    Come prepared to ask them difficult question that will leave them an impression.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Pull-out interview at a job fair. I initially stopped by the organization's booth to receive some general information and after some initial dialogue, they had me come back at a set time and pulled me over to chat with one of their HR interviewers in the event's designated interview room. The interview in total took about 20-25 minutes.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview. Had an interview with 3 Human Resources managers, since it was for Human Resources Internship Position. They interviewed several people one by one. Interviews with all the 3 managers are one on one. They ask about experience, company values, why Turner, prior experience in construction.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company, what did it build in NYC?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was chosen to interview for a position as a intern with Turner Construction. There was a good amount of behavioral questions, I think it came out to about 3 or 4. The interviewer was a alumni of my school and it was nice to bond with here about what we had in common.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked in a group and didn't agree with a decision made as an entirety.   1 Answer