Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turner Construction Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Site Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in November 2016.

Interview

Turner Vietnam Co, ltd arranged interview date and sent to interviewer. Staff of the company makes phone call and given schedule of the due date. Interviewer comes to Turner's site office on the due date. Interviewer receives a test paper and fill out with 30 minutes. and then two staffs of Turner start to ask about CV and experiences. that is all of interview progress.

Interview Questions

• How do you know about company?   1 Answer
    • why do you shift your job so frequently ?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews, one of them being at the company office. They provide a nice dinner the day before and breakfast and lunch the day of. You stay at the hotel a block away overnight. Everyone I spoke with were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Anaheim, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process required a few steps:
    1. Meet with campus recruiters
    2. Interview with recruiters via phone
    3. Transfer of resume and recommendation to desired Business Unit
    4. In person interview at Business Unit.

The in person interview involved 4 separate interviews with 2-3 interviewers in each interview. These were conducted in a single day. Lunch was provided and travel expense was reimbursed. The interview was very comprehensive, and included an overview of company culture, projects, and typical job roles.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were mostly discussion based, but had typical interview questions to prompt discussion such as; Discuss a time when you were faced with conflict with another person, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview took place on campus with 3 Turner employees. Absolutely no back and forth. Each question was already in a large packet and the interviewers chose them at random. Each question required that you cite specifics examples, and each had follow up questions. The interview itself lasted 1/2 hour and then there was a portion to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific example of how you faced diversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Anaheim, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Happens in 3 stages, one at the school to see if you can make it to the 1st round of interviews, then you have a one on one for the 1st round interview, then if you make it to 2nd round interviews you interview all day with upper management. During 2nd round interviews there is a break for lunch where you have the ability to talk to and ask questions to current employees in the office.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation you have faced in school or the workplace and how did you overcome that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews. A lot of competition since I applied for the Youthforce scholarship. Around 20 people had interviews that day. Multiple interviewers per interviewee. Brought my portfolio with surveying drawings which gave me a big advantage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where safety was an issue.   1 Answer
    • If I invested $100 in you, how would I know my investment paid off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Toledo, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

The night before the interview there was a dinner current employees and candidates. All candidates interviewing for the positions were brought into the office on the same day. Two interviews with panels, one interview with the HR manager, and one interview with the local operations manager. Lunch was provided and a field visit to a local project finished the day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with difficult people.   Answer Question

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. Great staff asking fair questions about real life situations. Took most of the day. Great conversations overall and I would love to work for this company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

College career fair - phone interview - in person interview - offer. Straight forward process and they will keep in contact through email and phone. If you do well on phone interview they will invite you to in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

5 minute career fair interview. Called back for a formal interview at the school with two people ( a PM and a HR rep). Called back for a final interview at Turner's HQ. The final interview took about 8 hours. Was a round robin type of interview with a lunch and site visit. My interview was at the end of November. Told i would get a call before the new year. I received a call on December 31st (literally a day before the new year) saying that they were still making their decision and I would hear back within the first quarter of 2014. Never heard back and tried to email with no response. The whole process was a great experience and all, but after gong through all of that I figured a company like Turner could at least let me know their decision. I would have put more effort into contacting Turner (i.e. calling), but I was able to secure a job a few days after I emailed. My advice, keep your options open.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral, work experience, life questions. When have you had to deal with a tough situation at work and what did you do?   Answer Question