Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turner Construction Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.8

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

They posted the opening on my college website. I got an interview call. The interview was in college campus. People were good and interview type was behavioral type.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project where you had to lead the team.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

it was an screen interview so it was just to get to know you, my advice is to be yourself because they are more interested in the person than the worker

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called in for an on campus interview about two weeks after first talking to a representative during a career fair. Nothing too out of the ordinary, gave the interviewer my resume and he went down the list and asked about my previous jobs as well as team projects I have worked on. However he claimed that he did not have a business card to hand out and that I ask the front desk for a contact which I found a bit ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Why Turner?, Why do you like construction? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Met with Turner at a career fair held by NYU-Poly in Brooklyn, NY. Handed my resume and spoke with a Turner rep/recruiter for 3-5min. They asked pretty simple straight forward questions on background, experience and my interest to pursue a creer at Turner. About two weeks later I received an email from NYU liaison (career center) that I was offered an interview for Field Engineer position (not in their office rather on campus).

A day or two prior to the interview Turner held a information session at NYU-Poly and gave their spiel on Turner (its history & accomplishments) and how great it would be to be part of such a firm. Was nice, after all, they have done a lot. Many showed up (most were undergrads) but just a few had interviews, so the point was ....?

Interview:
    Supposed to be 30min but I was in there for 50. A lot of personal questions on background, hobbies, work experience, aspirations and goals (short term / long term). I thought it went well, some laughs and very approachable yet professional. Being that I had 5yrs field experience I was told that I was kinda "overqualified" for such position so I explained that it was at mom/pop company in NYC and I pursued a MS degree to bundle it together so I can transition into a larger firm and have a management position. I don't know if that got through though...

I have 2 friend that work their and are very happy. Two of my classmates, whom had interviews as well, received notifications one of which was an offer for a 2nd interview (she was the only grad student out of six and she got the job - best of luck CC!) and the other was a "sorry, take care". Bottom line for me was I never heard back for a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Imprecisely:
      Have you ever been in a position where you disagreed with your team's (or superior) decision for something or coarse of action? If yes, how did you deal with it/approach it? If not, how would you; what would you do?   Answer Question

Carpenter/Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I was hired out of the hiring hall from Carpenters Local 217 which is located in Foster City, CA.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Construction in February 2013.

Interview

I met my interviewer at a school career fair, so it was pretty helpful to have talked with him before. It was a more casual interview and he was very helpful, though I felt like he was talking more than I was. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed at something and how did you overcome it? (Something along those lines.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

I went to an engineering convention where I got an interview on the spot. Three months later, the closest office to my location contacted me for an interview at their office. While there, I had a 1:1 interview with management then another 1:1 interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 1 hour. I had a response within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in construction/ for Turner?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it was an internship.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

2 interviews, 1 at campus and 2nd at the main office, interview 5 or 6 different individuals who will assess you and other people to select who they find most fit

Engineer Interview

Interview

After going through the initial screening interview, I was brought into the office for the second interview. I was told I would be reimbursed for gas (I was not) and after going through the entire interview, I was told there would not be an opening for another 6 months, but they would hold onto my resume in case there is an opening that I would fit in. However, the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview, I was asked "What are your best qualities that we have not covered yet?"   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

I Initially spoke to Turner at a college career fair. About a week after the career fair, I was called and invited to an interview in their local office. After Interviewing at their local office, I was offered another interview at the office I was interested in working at.