Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is in 2 stages. First part is with a group 2 to 3 people. Second part is a one on one. Their office here in Orlando is awesome, it promotes a family style working environment and everyone in the office is very nice. The second part is a one on one where it is decided what role the candidate would be suitable for. After that the hiring process starts which is really quite fast as compared to most companies.

Construction Cleanup Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Definitely have to get an osha certificate for safety regulations to qualify. No matter what the position is that's applied for.Also must take a drug screen and background check. Basic skill testing to insure that you have qualifications for job that is being applied for.

Production Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Talked with four interviewers one on one (Operations Manager, HR Manager, and two VDC coordinators) in 30 minute blocks, with three other candidates. Each candidate rotated between the four interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an ethical problem in your workplace/education, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with Revit/Tekla/Sketchup/Rhinoceros/Grasshopper?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I was brought into the office and escorted to a suite to a prepared interview and after a while, I was brought out to another suite for another interview and after that interview, I was told that the interview was finished and I would receive a response in the following week.

Interview Questions

• Past experience in architecture and construction   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Youngstown, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred to CEO by a business partner. I had a phone interview on a Monday then was called the next on a Tuesday to confirm coming in for a in person interview on Friday.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Very experienced person interviewed for an internship. The questions were not tricky. They were straight forward and accepted answers very positively. Never was tensed. Started fifteen minutes prior to the actual appointment for the interview

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I set up a call with the representative, and I was called promptly at the arranged time. The interviewer opened up with formalities, and asked how I had heard about the position. Many of the questions focused on my thoughts and how I have made decisions. The interviewer also asked me about my familiarity with Turner and what projects of theirs interest me.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to attend your college? What is the academic environment like at your school?   1 Answer

Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

During the interview process me and four other candidates were alternated between four different interviewers every 30 minutes. Each interviewer had different kinds of question and were from different areas and positions in the company.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Turner?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Very quick process for first round interviews. A series of five or six typical scenario questions were asked. It feels like interview was rushed because they were scheduled very close together.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Interview process was with 4 separate interviews with Turner employees for 45 minutes each. Each person was extremely conversational and easy to talk to. The interviewers were all approachable and passionate about the company. There were 3 or 4 behavioral questions asked.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were creative in your school work or past internships?   Answer Question