Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turner Construction Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

I had three interviews total - one with HR and two with my Director. The HR staff was very warm and they were prompt in communicating with me and answering my questions. They were also fair in the offer. I was able to meet several executives before my start date which helped me make my decision. As somebody not working in the field, it was a pain to get drug tested and submit the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous positions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

SHPE 2016
    Very easy going and friendly
    You do not feel like you are in an interview.
    Behavioral and technical.
    Basically they start analyzing your resume or CV point by point. while talking about your experiences, they ask you about difficulties you encountered and how you overcame them.
    Technical questions differs between each career path.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Tell me about your self.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to the Society of Hispanic Engineers conference in Seattle, Washington and got an interview after I spoke to them. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you supported a group's decision even though you disagreed with it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (College Park, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers with only one asking questions (one project engineer and one contractor procurement specialist). It tool place at my school, U of MD and they got back within a few weeks time. It was only half an hour but they did try and leave time for me to ask my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Turner of construction in general?   1 Answer

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Phila, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had. Very friendly people and environment. More of a conversational interview which made it easier to understand the company/people. Extremely professional and on the ball through the process. You can tell why they have such low turnover. It's a successful company that takes care of it's employees.

Interview Questions

Received a counter offer from my current employer with a promotion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by an engineer who happens to be a Michigan Alumni. The interview was fun. He was about my age so it was easy to relate to him. He mentioned that transitions take place but we start off as assistant engineers.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage an project?
      What will you do to blow your steam of work?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Denver, CO).

Interview

1st round was College interview on campus. 2nd round started with dinner and series of one on one interviews. Various aspects of technical, experiences, scenario based, cultural and social questions were asked to test the candidate. Highly competitive selection of candidates from various top construction universities across the country

Interview Questions

• How did you manage the conflicts between coworkers or superiors?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Youngstown, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

There were a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Beyond that the rest of the interview was focused on the contents of my resume along with real world experience opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were confronted with a problem and had to overcome it in an unconventional manner.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Our campus recruitment fair led me to an office interview where I was asked a series of behavioral analysis based questions and some questions on my background. Very informal for the most part, good environment in the office and everyone seemed to enjoy work. Have yet to hear back regarding an offer thought they said candidates won't be notified until after the first of the yea

Interview Questions

• Provide an instance where you were faced with a new challenge and describe how you overcame that challenge, preferably engineering related   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Was an personality Interview, with one emplyee who's been there for 15 yrs and one alum. Met at the college career fair, then applied online. got an email asking to schedule the interview for next week. Interview was about 45 minutes in a small room on campus. Had nice conversation with the interviewers

Interview Questions

• Questions from their company statements, your generic personality questions   Answer Question