Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my University. First round on campus with two recruiters. Second round was on site, Round Robbins style. Very relaxed, get to know you setting with 6 different employees. There was a dinner with the other recruits and employees the night before interviews. They gave a presentation on Turner and we could get to know our interviewers a little bit before going in the next day.

Field Engineer/Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First Interview: Behavioural questions
    Second Interview: dinner with the rest of the applicants and the interview and the main interview was the next day at the headquarters in Virginia. It did not feel like an interview, more like a chat. Breakfast and Lunch was provided.
    Come prepared to ask them difficult question that will leave them an impression.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Through college career fair, they narrowed down to 10-15 intern applicants. They mainly went thorough behavioral questions, that was most of the interview. I've interviewed with them on three separate occasions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very behavioral. There were two interviewers, both very nice. One asked all the questions and the other took a lot of notes. They asked specific behavioral questions, none technical. They wanted me to ask a lot of questions about the company. They told me it would take about 4 weeks to hear back, and I am still waiting. The whole process was half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not have all the information you needed to make a decision and had to use your intuition.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Turner as part of an on campus recruiting session. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with two interviewers. Both interviewers had been working with Turner for 15+ years and shared their experiences and the roles they have had over the years. There were no technical questions, rather they were mostly focused on personality traits. It was all to see how you would interact with others, considering the company’s projects are team based. I was told I would hear back in approximately 2-3 weeks if Turner is interested in proceeding with the interview process. I heard back and had a second round interview in Turner’s office. The day consisted of a handful of short interviews with people of various roles in the office, as well as a site tour. I was told at the end of the day that I would hear back in about 2 weeks regarding an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time that you were working with a team and a member of the team did not pull his/her weight. What did or would you do to resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Had two separate interviews. On the first interview, I met with a senior safety manager and a project executive. We went over my resume, they talked about the company and safety dept, and then we went into some interview questions based around behavioral analysis from professional experience, and they were also figuring out what I'm looking for in a role and a company. Had a meaningful yet easy-going conversation. Both interviewers were very straight forward and made me very comfortable, which is noteworthy since most interview experiences can be anything but that. Second interview was with the Business Unit Safety Director. It was pretty similar format to the first interviews. I was happy to receive offer at end of interview. Interview process at Turner was best I've seen anywhere. As I mentioned before, I felt like it was a straightforward conversation that definitely brought a lot of insight and value to me and I believe to the interviewers as well. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt resistance from someone in a work environment. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What would you say your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question
    • How would describe your style of dealing with safety issues and influencing workers to change their ways to comply with regulations and company policies?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is group based, and you have three to four interviewers in a row all asking you different questions about your resume. Your interviewers will be higher ups in the company who will be working around you.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Pull-out interview at a job fair. I initially stopped by the organization's booth to receive some general information and after some initial dialogue, they had me come back at a set time and pulled me over to chat with one of their HR interviewers in the event's designated interview room. The interview in total took about 20-25 minutes.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview. Had an interview with 3 Human Resources managers, since it was for Human Resources Internship Position. They interviewed several people one by one. Interviews with all the 3 managers are one on one. They ask about experience, company values, why Turner, prior experience in construction.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company, what did it build in NYC?   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with six people, cycled with about 10 other students and asked about past experience, how I fit at Turner. I think the idea for the interview was good but it was stressful to know you were up against your competition and you are all sitting right across from each other.