Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview. Had an interview with 3 Human Resources managers, since it was for Human Resources Internship Position. They interviewed several people one by one. Interviews with all the 3 managers are one on one. They ask about experience, company values, why Turner, prior experience in construction.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company, what did it build in NYC?   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with six people, cycled with about 10 other students and asked about past experience, how I fit at Turner. I think the idea for the interview was good but it was stressful to know you were up against your competition and you are all sitting right across from each other.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was chosen to interview for a position as a intern with Turner Construction. There was a good amount of behavioral questions, I think it came out to about 3 or 4. The interviewer was a alumni of my school and it was nice to bond with here about what we had in common.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked in a group and didn't agree with a decision made as an entirety.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Relaxed environment with basic questions and behavioral scenarios. They went over certain aspects of what it is like to work for turner. Asked if there was any preference on a location or co-op opportunity.

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first met with 2 Turner employees at school recruiting event. I then was invited to meet with two more Turner employees at school about a week later. I was then invited to interview at the main office in Atlanta. The Atlanta interview consisted of six separate roughly half hour interviews with six different employees. The interviewers were very friendly and informative. I must say that I enjoyed meeting everyone at the office and did not feel the normal pressure and anxiety usually felt at interviews. We then had a group lunch at a local restaurant. I actually enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting in with the company?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed enviorment which put me immediately at ease. I met with a HR person that had me meet with a manager. Told me about Turner and its culture and history

Interview Questions

• My experience at my previous firm, Why I want to work for Turner   1 Answer

I got another offer prior to this one which I accepted.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I have four back to back interviews, a total of seven people. Everyone was nice. Some personality questions, some just get to know you. The second interview was an all day interview and included a site visit.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you were in a situation where an employer or colleague asked you to be unethical?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

it was a smooth long interview, discussed experience. future plans and past studies. life perspective, points of weakness and strengths. where do i live and how do i go to work. discussed the pay and the benefits.

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

They visited my school and offered a meet and greet where we could sign up for interviews I was not confident with how the interview went but it went alright. At a construction competition in Reno later that year they called me and offered me a second round interview. I interviewed with the recruiting manager and the project manager who would be my supervisor if I got the job. They got back to me about two weeks later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about leadership positions and my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Several short interviews with different team members (someone in estimating department, project executive, member in purchasing, etc.) regarding future goals and interests in construction. Very laid back and personable process with a friendly group of interviewers.