Turtle & Hughes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turtle & Hughes (Linden, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The women who interviewed me was very nice and made me feel welcomed, didn't feel pressure like a normal interview. Everyone who I came in contact with while there were all so nice.

Interview Questions

• What are three words to describe you?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turtle & Hughes (Linden, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person. Then I was given a lengthy test. It included some language arts, and math. However, for the math I was not allowed to use a calculator. Moreover, I had to divide numbers with decimals, and multiply 5 digit numbers which threw me off.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Account Payable? Describe your duties in that department at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Corporate Location Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turtle & Hughes (Linden, NJ).

Interview

Met with Managers, it was enough but they did not seem to be well prepared for the interview. They seemed to be hiring for a position without touching base with managers that would have been better suited to judge qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Was given a very long aptitude test at the end of the interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

They completely lowballed me with an offer and I had to negotiate very hard for a way below average salary

Tool Crib Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turtle & Hughes (Elkhart, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Manager sat me down with the buyer and asked me questions. They make you feel comfortable and confident! First, I sent in my resume. The manager called and set up an interview. He asked me questions such as- How would hiring me be beneficial to the company? How would you better organize the storeroom? After a criminal background check and a urine drug screen, I was immediatly hired and have been there since. I love it.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were fairly easy to answer except, he did ask me if I was an animal, what would I be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. He gave me more than what I was asking for right from the beginning. With another plus being the great benefits! Great Health and Dental insurance, 401k option, life insurance, and a health savings plan.

MRO Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turtle & Hughes (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Two phone interview, one by hiring manager and one by potential manager. A one on one interview with potential manager at job site.
    Interview was not difficuly, interviewer was easy to talk to.