Tuscaloosa County Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tuscaloosa County Schools

ESL Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tuscaloosa County Schools (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

I called one of the three specialists several months before the interviewing process would take place so that I could tell them about my interest in the position as well as give them my name and number. In early August, I was called back and asked to choose a time slot from one of three interviewing days. On the day of the interview, be sure to bring your resume, your references as well as their phone numbers and addresses (they will mail your references a form to fill out, so be sure to have this ready), and letters and stamps for them to use when sending letters to your references. Remember your transcript and bring them two passport-sized photos so they can put a face to your application.

I filled out my application right before my interview, but this might be different for some people. All three specialists were in the room while I was being interviewed and they all asked questions. They all were relevant to the program, and if you are qualified you'll have no problems with this. They love to hear if you speak other languages (though it's okay if you don't) and be sure to tell them about study abroad experiences. Also be sure to mention if you have tutored children in the past.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions they gave were unexpected, and overall the interview went very well. They want to hire you! We always need tutors. I will say that I was not expecting to write a long answer about "what I've done in the past that proves that I will be an excellent tutor" the day of the interview, but I think I answered it well. They give you about 30 minutes to write it so it wasn't to hard.   Answer Question