Tutor.com Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tutor.com Tutor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tutor.com (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. Interviewer went through process beforehand, then role played through online messaging and voice. The appointment was on time and the interviewer was pleasant. During role play must stay in character as to give a full presentation of the job duties.

Interview Questions

• The questions are related to the field of study you are going to tutor.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tutor.com

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

You apply online, then take a test over the subject you want to tutor. If you pass, you do an online interview with a mentor. The interview is actually a practice tutoring session online. So you have to read the resources for how to tutor that are given to you.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student behaving inappropriately?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor.com (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The competency tests that you have to complete aren't hard. You have to pass those before you schedule for a mock tutoring session with a mentor. The mock tutoring session was a joke. I was rushed through it and as I was writing an answer to my FIRST question, the interviewer wanted to connect to a voice call. I was totally caught off guard and didn't even have time to gather my thoughts. She ended the phone call and the session within 2 minutes after. They asked me to reschedule, so I did and the interviewer never connected. I contacted tutor support regarding the issue after waiting 30 minutes to connect (it wasn't a connection issue). After 4 days I still haven't heard anything from tutor support.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

After creating a profile they have online tests for the all the subjects offered. When you pass one you're able to schedule a mock interview. My subject is accounting, which you have to have a degree to tutor, and the degree plus the test are your proof of knowledge, so the mock interview essentially just makes sure you're capable in the aspects of tutoring outside of content knowledge. The interview takes place in the online classroom that you tutor students with. The interviewer had no accounting knowledge but had some accounting questions for me, pretending to be a student. I could have made my answers up as long as it was convincing, because at this point they just want to make sure you can break it down and help a student who is completely clueless. The interview was 43.6 minutes long (It saves the transcript, which is how I know), and tested my tutoring ability using the chat function, then the voice function. At the end, my interviewer told me that I'll know in a couple days if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• There was a question on bond amortization   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com in November 2015.

Interview

application. pass test (90% i think) in the subject areas, must take 2. oral mock interview online in one of the two subjects (you don't know which one) using the classroom software. background check email. submit a tax form. wait for them to say you can start tutoring (which will probably be floating until the next schedule is available to claim hours). whole process took a month. i applied nov 4 2015, had mock interview mid november, and received okay to start tutoring as probationary tutor on nov 24. promoted to tutor 1 in less than two months.

Interview Questions

• in mock interview, she pretended to be a student that needed help with a genetics/punnett square problem.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Interview

Fairly simple: all chat-based, no in-person or phone interviews. Mock tutoring session, helping out the recruiter playing the role of student. Also had to write a brief, simple essay. It's a bit awkward, not having that face-to-face communication, but my recruiter was friendly enough, and I got through the session just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

The paperwork was ridiculous, but once you are past that part it isn't too bad. Afterwards, you set up a phone interview with someone, and they call and quiz you on the software and ask a few questions

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions on how the software works.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com.

Interview

Mocking session is easy to set up. However, it is very hard to pass. You have to really try and focus on the mocking session. In the end, Tutor.com will email the final result.

Interview Questions

• Questions involve the content of subjects which you enroll and based on the test you take   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

I had to complete a subject test, schedule an interview, and complete the mock interview. The subject tests take about an hour or so. They are timed. The interview included learning more about the company and their techniques as well as learning to use their program to tutor students and practice tutoring a student.

Interview Questions

• How would you go along making sure the student understood the question.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Interview

none, I spent 30 minutes going through hoops giving them information about my life and job only to find out that my system didn't meet their strict requirements. Im just trying to spread the word