Twentieth Century Fox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then heard from a recruiter several weeks later. Had a phone screen and then interview with the project manager. After a few weeks heard back to schedule in-person interviews, which seemed to go well. I sent the customary follow-up email, and have heard absolutely nothing since. It's one thing to not reach out to a candidate who was never in the running (even though that, too is unprofessional), but when an individual takes time out of their schedule, as well as time off from their current job to interview, some level of professional courtesy would be appropriate. The absolute lack of professionalism and decorum is quite telling of the company. How you treat candidates is a potential indicator of how you would treat an employee, and this poor demonstration of professionalism (or lack thereof) speaks volumes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an employee who is resistant to change?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with an assistant in the deparment that I was looking to get an internship with. It lasting about 20 minutes. Based on my career goals they actually referred me to another department. It was very nice of them to put in such a good word for me. I ended up geting an internship with the other department. Everything has qorked out very well.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were standard   1 Answer

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (West Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview and then got called back for final round on-site interview in LA a month later. The phone interview was pretty quick and generic but the on site one was a lot more detailed. There was a lot of gap between each round with no updates so it was difficult to know if you made it or not. HR was really helpful though.

Interview Questions

• Distribution model for company?
      Why the entertainment industry?
      What sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

International Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via linkedin, had a HR screening call then brought in by HR for an in person. Asked question as it pertained to the position, what my long term goals where, what I was looking for personally in a company and what it would take for me to leave where I am at now. Team was well prepared, polite and very nice. They were clearly looking for something very specific and it was really respectful to see them tailor the experience to that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in April 2017.

Interview

applied online, got an email back 3 weeks after. Interview process was so smooth, interviewers were very nice and welcoming! heard back from them 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• why fox?
      tell us what you're involved in?
      whats something you're proud of accomplishing?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

HR first called to ask a few screening questions, basically if I would be in LA over the summer and available to work, then passed on my resume to the specific supervisor for my job, who then interviewed me, and had his colleague who I would also be working with interview me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about a week. They ask the same questions that every interviewer does. The lot is pretty cool and everyone is nice. One thing that sucks is that they low ball you with those mediocre offers. You mean to tell me you have all that money and you only want to pay me 30,000 ? The benefits to working here would be for the brand, but you'll be living in poverty on skid row. They didn't get this fool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you wanna work here, why entertainment   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Three Different Interviews, HR, w/ Design Director and Management. Was informative but lacked content about fox itself. I didn't feel that the H.R, Director or management put enough effort to explain the needs of fox.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview process was tedious and very uneven. Had a call with a recruiter and was followed up with shortly to come in to meet the manager. After meeting with the manager, brought back at another date to meet with a few other people. Then was brought back a third time to meet more of the team. In all, met with about 10-12 people.

Was given very good feedback across the board, but after the final interview, there was radio silence for about a month. Multiple followups with no response. Finally, was given a brief "Thanks, but no thanks" response.

Feel like it was pretty amateur in how it was done.

My advice:
    Don't give strong feedback if you aren't going to hire the person.
    Don't have them come in three separate times (During my second time there, I had a two-hour gap in-between interviews. Might make sense to stack interviews back to back vs. having me wait around for two hours outside the office).
    Don't go radio silent on someone who took a lot of time out to interview.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an e-mail back. There was then a three step interview process. The first step was a phone screening followed by two in person interviews. The process went smoothly, took about 2 - 3 weeks total once I was selected for next steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent role?
      Describe an ad campaign that caught your attention and why.   Answer Question