Twitter Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Twitter

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY).

Interview

Process started out great and fast. I applied online, recruiter reached out and had a phone screen with her and then my in person interview loop a couple days later. And. Then. Nothing. Was completely ghosted and in the dark with no communication for 3 weeks, even though I reached out several times. It was the rudest interview experience I've had to date. I thought Twitter would be better than that and this doesn't look good to a potential employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough situation you had to deal with and communicate to a client. How did they (client) handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Twitter

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter in November 2017.

Interview

The initial interview process was fine and fast, 4 video screens with in two weeks. After that the communication or lack of any from the recruiting team was horrible, no updates either way and not responsive at all to emails just asking for a basic update on next steps. Its been over 60 days and still nothing, which shows both arrogance, lack organization and lack of basic respect of peoples time, its not hard to have form emails sent to people if there is not an interest but not even communicating with people that went through a extensive interview process is pretty weak.

Interview Questions

• basic questions to gauge understanding of background and market.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in August 2015.

Interview

Very short 10 minute phone interview, told me about the role and barely asked me any questions about myself. I was disappointed with the lack of questions asked about my experience and how I might be of value to the team.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straightforward. Generally, the timing was good and didn't take a long time. I've heard otherwise since then. In terms of the actual process, the process included multiple phone screens and in-person interviews. Once I met with the team, I received a followup call to get salary information and references. After confirming with my references, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a project you worked on where you made a big impact?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Starts with a phone screen with HR, then phone screen with manager and then 4 in person interviews. Everyone is very nice and helpful throughout the process. I recommend really understanding the Twitter UI before interviewing. The 4 in-person interviews all interview for different skillsets - Technical, Cultural, client aptitude, etc

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO what are 3 things you would spearhead at Twitter?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Started off well. HR was responsive in the beginning. Phone interview, then went into office to meet with hiring manager. After that meeting, I was told they wanted me to come back to meet the team. Met with 4 people on the team the following week. Then, didn't hear anything for 3 weeks, which was very strange and frustrating. Then, got an email that they wanted me to come back in 4 days to give a 10 minute presentation and 5 minute Q&A. I expected to present to the hiring manager and maybe a few people with whom I had interviewed. I showed up and there were at least FIFTEEN people in the room. That's overkill. Heard back 2 days later that I didn't get it. I was told they thought I would be great at the job but my presentation wasn't as strong as another candidate's. It doesn't make much sense to have a presentation component and weigh it that heavily for a position that doesn't involve much presenting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Grade B exp. 1st, phone interview with HR, 2nd was Skype Interview, and then 3rd step they fly you out for a marathon of interviews. Ea. person got 1/2 hour time slot, no more, and it was more about what they were looking for then what I was looking for, didn't leave room for any questions of mine. Be prepared for "Google" style questions.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Started off ok, recruiter contacted me to schedule a call, but then cancelled on the initial date and passed me on to another recruiter. When the phone interview finally came, it was called a talk rather than an interview. The person didn't ask me any technical or scenario questions and barely knew my resume. They failed to really explain the culture or opportunities to grow (outside a promotion) within the company and sounded like they were reading from a script. Overall, somewhat unprofessional and lacked respect to interviewee.

Interview Questions

• I wish there was a question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Intro'd to a recruiter through an old friend. Did an intro call with recruiter, followed by another call with the hiring manager. Both perfectly nice folks, good conversations.

Was invited to, and attended, an on-site interview in the New York office. Spent a couple of hours there meeting with various folks from the Accounts group, though only for about 20-25mins each. Everyone was very polite and asked similar questions about my background, interests, why Twitter, etc. Some wanted details about my previous role and experience. Toward the end of the interview we got kicked out of the conference room by some other Tweeps and so we had to finish my interview in a hallway.

That day I sent thank you's to everyone I'd met, and expressed interest in continuing the process. The hiring manager wrote me back to thank me for my time as well, and told me he'd be in touch soon with next steps.

And that was it. I never heard from anyone at Twitter again after that exchange. I followed up a couple of times just for due diligence, but nobody ever responded. Again, everyone I met was courteous and genuine and seem passionate about making Twitter great. This is just a record of one persons' experience.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Phone Screen: The recruitment team could not have been nicer and were always quick to respond to my emails.

Interview: Be prepared to talk about Twitter and the industry on a whole. The majority of the questions revolved around the social media industry, and little to do with my resume. Some questions were not about the actual position, but rather to see if you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• If given a list of leads break down how you would prioritize in five ways.   Answer Question