Twitter Brand Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Brand Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview which was pretty challenging and engaging. I was then asked to complete a challenging and very vague assignment:

-Formulate an idea for a Twitter concept/program that will help the brand achieve their marketing objectives. This can be any Fortune 100 brand, for any initiative/product/audience/timing/etc.

I read the project description several times over, asked several follow up questions to clarify the objective and completed the assignment to the T - which was a 12 slide PowerPoint deck that took me several hours to complete. After a sent it over, within a few hours I received an email that said that I did not follow the instructions and that I did not make the next round.

In my opinion, given how vague the assignment was, this wasn't exactly a fair assessment, so I reached out. The interviewer called me to hear me out, and explained that (paraphrasing here) Twitter expects candidates to act like they work there already and do their brainstorming work for free during the interview process, and that I should have understood how a Twitterer would have interpreted the assignment. Twitter also reserves the right to use your creative ideas if they feel they would be a fit for them to use. The next step in the hiring process would have been to present the project, but their decision was made. I was ok with not being considered for the role, but I do think their hiring process could have been handled differently and more fairly - It didn't seem ethical to make interviewees spend hours putting together a full deck that the company can take advantage of. It felt like I just spent hours on a "trick question". I left with an icky feeling that I had just been used as part of the "free work mill" that tech companies use to make interview candidates do these extensive, hours long projects for free. Just an icky way to end the experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a brand that represents you as a person. What one product or service that has changed your life in the past year? What brand do you think is doing a great job on Twitter? What are some ways brands can use Twitter?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Twitter

Brand Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, the recruiter reached out to set-up a phone screening with a sales manager which went OK, no real trick or difficult questions. After the conversation the person I spoke with said the recruiters would be in touch in the next few days. The next few days came and went and nothing. So I followed up with the recruiters and they said they were still awaiting feedback from the sales manager, several days later still nothing. Bottom line is almost 2 weeks after interviewing I finally got an email from their recruiting software (Jobvite) saying I had not been selected. Overall it was not a good experience from a good company. They dragged out the process much longer than it need to be, in my opinion if you take the time to interview someone you at least owe it to them the courtesy to send a personal email saying they have not been selected.

Interview Questions

• What is one brand you think is doing s great job on twitter?   Answer Question