Cover image for Twitter

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Twitter Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 1.4K interviews

Recruiter18%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Twitter

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter

Interview

The interviews process were made clear from the get go and the process occurred fast. There was an initial recruiter call followed by technical assessment and then a virtual on-site.

Interview Questions
  • I am not able to disclose this
    Answer Question

Twitter

Application

I interviewed at Twitter

Interview

First the Manager reached out via linkedin, then I had HR interview, then they gave me take home test and I am currently on the final virtual interview. The take home test consisted of a probability question with several sub'questions and then a business case.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Twitter

Join the conversation on

Tech

559.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Twitter~100569
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Twitter? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Twitter employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Twitter

Application

I interviewed at Twitter

Interview

The recruiter is pretty good and makes me feel less nervous. the whole process is smooth and gives you a direct response within a short time. behavior questions, take-home test, technical screening, onsite.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Twitter

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in Aug 2021

Interview

The process was the following: 1. HR and Manager Interview 2. Take home assignment 3. Onsite (4 interviews, 2 hard skills, 2 product-oriented ones) 4. Final interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • The only really difficult interview was the onsite. The hardest IMO was the most technical portion, which was a probability problem and a standard coding challenge. The questions were along the lines of: a standard game of chance with dice and to calculate some probabilities; and to program a function that calculated something based on a probability distribution.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

The final step will typically be full of coding questions, theoretical questions, systems questions, and questions to evaluate your behavior and problem-solving skills. The questions are not difficult if you know the materials.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Twitter

Application

I interviewed at Twitter

Interview

After submitting my resume, I heard from the recruiting team and I was asked to have a video interview with a data scientist. The interview was rescheduled twice. The interviewer was really rude and lack of patience when I did the case.

Interview Questions
  • a case about bitcoin I was asked to download a dataset and analyzed it
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

30 mins coding interview. A simple question about data manipulation in Python. The question isn't hard, but the interviewer skipped over the example, so it was hard to understand the concept being asked about.

Interview Questions
  • Count the number of actions by all users within a given time frame.

Twitter

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter

Interview

20 minute recruiting call to describe the position and ask for background, 1 hr video conference with a hiring manger, take home assignment, and a final round interview with multiple members of the team. No feedback provided with generic rejection even though you're putting time & effort into the process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a project you're proud of
  • AB testing, statistics, project management, SQL.
5 people found this interview helpful

Twitter

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter in Sep 2020

Interview

First phone interview was 30 minutes with hiring manager. It was focused on product sense. The second interview had two parts. One was data manipulation without using built in function in Python. Second part was product sense.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Twitter

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter in Aug 2020

Interview

Background: I have a PhD in statistics from one of the top universities, have 10 years of DS/ML industry experience, been a technical lead at a top 3 FANG company for 5 years and before my current job I worked for a mid-size company for another 5 years. I applied online for a DS position at Twitter and was contacted by a Twitter recruiter the next day. Had an informational/technical interview with the hiring manager, he was very friendly and honest which I liked and this made me more motivated. Same day the recruiter said the hiring manager liked me and they want to move forward to the next step. I had an interview with an SDE and one DS (both told me they had about 1 year of experience). I had one coding question (SDE/Algorithm/Design) type of question which according to the hiring manager and the JD was not supposed to be part of interview (this was a pure Senior DS Analytics role and not SDE or even ML Engineering role), and one DS question. DS question was easy (power analysis for experimentation) and I managed to fully solve the coding question but not as a SDE with the most optimum algorithm/system design solution. Two days later I got a generic email from Twitter that they are not interested in moving forward while I thought the interview went pretty well and other than algorithm/system design I managed to answer all questions and even fully answered the coding part! Also while interviewing with Twitter, I was interviewing with two other top five IT companies for a lead IC and one DS manager role and got offer from both of them so I was a bit shocked and disappointed with how my case was handled with Twitter. To be honest I still think Twitter is a great company but they need to use more senior(experienced) people for interviews. Also I cannot be 1005 sure but recently I have seen a lot of grey areas and "other considerations" happening at IT companies based on the gender and racial factors which is not fair and pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Q1) Coding for SDE roles (algorithm/system design/optimization) Q2) Power analysis for A/B
8 people found this interview helpful