Twitter Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Twitter

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter, was set up with a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. He wasn't impressed by my professional experience and after a single question ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the market size for a new product?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Twitter

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter in September 2019.

Interview

How recruiters interact with you tell a great deal about the culture of the company, and because of the unprofessional behaviors of a recruiter I didn't even apply in the end. A recruiter from Twitter reached out to me for an introductory chat for 15 mins. They cancelled in the last minute to reschedule, which can happen. When trying to reschedule, their tone was impolite and demanding which led me to not want to even have the 15 min chat with them. I emailed and canceled politely. They didn't even have the courtesy to respond, and then I knew I made the right choice not wasting my time. Just imagine how the rest of the interviews would go (or even the work life in Twitter would be) when their recruiter who reaches out to you treats you like you owe them something. Data scientists have a lot of options to choose from, and Twitter showed they are not a good one even before speaking with them.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email within a few days to do a brief get-to-know-you call. The call was informative, and the recruiter gave pretty good guidelines for what to expect in the technical phone interview. The 45min phone interview was a standard technical interview with the first 5-10 minutes being introduction and behavioral questions and the remaining being the problem solving. The question wasn't clear at first, so I had to ask a few questions to clarify, but it was fine. The interviewer was nice and attentive throughout the technical component.

Interview Questions

• What tools are you comfortable with? What type of work do you want to do? Describe how to do a hypothesis testing in scenario XYZ.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in April 2019.

Interview

An HR contacted to arrange for an intro interview with the group leader. Then a second round tech interview. The problem was easy, I think I did it correctly, but no offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Was quickly contacted to set up an interview after applying (first company out of ~20). Meeting was set with senior data science team member. We discussed four areas, my background, the role, and worked through a specific example of work to be completed, and follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to discuss a KPI to measure new active users and retention, asked about pros and cons of approach.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

It is a typical onsite interview with 4 session and each session last for 45 mins, and there is a lunch with senior data scientist. 1) case-study: engineer team ask you to walk through a problem they come across in their work; 2) another open-ended question plus behavioral question; 3) metrics development; 4) coding question plus another open-ended question

Interview Questions

• One of the behavioral question: If I interview your PhD advisory, and I invite him/her to describe your strength and weakness, what do you think he will say.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Networking session then recruiter calls and then a technical interview. After this stage they fly you out to SF to meet some of the team for in-person interview. That stage is near the end. In general very good process if you go through a recruitment event which they host frequently

Interview Questions

• Q— how can we increase our understanding of user engagement   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter and had 4 interview rounds. 1 phone screen, 2 video technical interview (ML Theory + Coding in SQL/Python/R, you decide the language), then an on-site interview round with 5 interviews of 45 minutes each (2 interviews with Data Scientists, lunch with another Data Scientist, an interview with a project manager and an interview with the Data Science Manager).

Everyone was very kind and very ethusiastic about their job, asked interesting and challenging questions and seemed very smart and capable.

As the Data Science position was for the product department, I had to face a lot of experimentation questions (A/B tests, metrics development...) instead of machine learning algorithms, which I imagine would be required for the Forecast and Modelling area, for example.

Interview Questions

• What would you change in Twitter app?
      How would you test if the proposed change is effective or not?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in February 2018.

Interview

Two video interviews and a coding test, then three video interviews. Five of the six interviews were technical. All of the interviewers were knowledgeable and friendly, but they changed the schedule on the fly a lot and the different interviewers didn't seem to know what I'd already been asked/where I was in the process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic SQL questions and some intermediate algorithms questions, along with a lot of verbal data science questions in the interviews.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in November 2017.

Interview

3 weeks after I applied, I received a link to a coding challenge. This link is set automatically so you don't have anyone to talk to in case you have questions. You have one week to complete the challenge but it's supposed to be done in 90 minutes if you want to get through.

Interview Questions

• Three exercises. One involving SQL, another one involving dynamic programming and one last involving tries.   1 Answer