Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First rounds via phone/VC went very quickly, with good communication from HR.

Flew to San Francisco for an onsite day of six back to back interviews, and it was apparent from the get-go that this would not be a good fit. The first interviewer was so devoid of personality that it sapped my enthusiasm for the rest of the process. Several of the interviewers asked totally irrelevant questions that made it clear they had not read my resume and were not familiar with my experience; it felt like they were wasting my time, and vice versa, and was vaguely insulting. Left their office feeling pretty negative about working there.

After the onsite, HR went radio silent for four weeks before finally sending me a generic "thanks but no thanks" email. Why they waited a solid month to send that email is a mystery, but shows a distinct lack of respect for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about when you worked with _______" when I had already made it clear I had not worked with those teams.   Answer Question

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

In house recruiter reached out to me and within a few days, we did a phone screen. Lots of confusion and rescheduling. Interviewer was late to the interview. A quick intro about the position and the expectation, some technical questions, nothing really difficult. Code pairing, which really wasn't code pairing it was more like something that could be done with a command in shell. I got rather annoyed, knowing that in the role of an SRE, there is so little coding that is actually done by the SRE and if it is done it's to automate a process. I realized that the entire interview was going to be judged on that exercise and I just went ahead and basically blew it. Yep, I can code. Nope, it's not a major part of what an SRE does. Thirty minutes was the scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Write a program in whatever language you want that will add users and then add users to groups.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter and had 4 interview rounds. 1 phone screen, 2 video technical interview (ML Theory + Coding in SQL/Python/R, you decide the language), then an on-site interview round with 5 interviews of 45 minutes each (2 interviews with Data Scientists, lunch with another Data Scientist, an interview with a project manager and an interview with the Data Science Manager).

Everyone was very kind and very ethusiastic about their job, asked interesting and challenging questions and seemed very smart and capable.

As the Data Science position was for the product department, I had to face a lot of experimentation questions (A/B tests, metrics development...) instead of machine learning algorithms, which I imagine would be required for the Forecast and Modelling area, for example.

Interview Questions

• What would you change in Twitter app?
      How would you test if the proposed change is effective or not?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online during December. Got an email to do a coding test 2 weeks later. The test was a HackerRank test with 3 questions. I prepared for it by doing LeetCode and HackerRank questions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Completed the hacker rank challenge which had no time limit.After a month got a reject saying that they had a lot of applications and they have decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• there were 3 technical questions.One related to the database.One was related to dynamic programming and other was a normal program question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially I submitted an application to Twitter for University Internship. I got an email about an application to Twitter Academy internship a few weeks later, so I applied to it as an attempt to increase my chances. I received online coding challenge and completed it assuming it was for the internship. A week later, I received an invitation to onsite interviews at Twitter HQ. However, it turns out that the challenge had nothing to do with this invitation. After 3 rounds (2 technical, 1 behavioral) of onsite interviews, I sent thank you notes to all of my interviewers. I waited for closer to two weeks and had to follow up once for my rejection decision to come in. The onsite experience was exceptional with some of the best engineers in the industry. However, the experience of the recruiting process was filled with confusion, frustration and disappointment after a buildup of ancitipation. The recruiter refused to give any feedback or reason of rejection.

Interview Questions

• Given two integers as strings, write a function to return the sum of the two integers as a string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online, got online assessment invite. The application process was straightforward, got the OA invite in few weeks. OA was on hackerrank had 3 questions and 90 minutes to solve them.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy 1 question based on database queries and 2 programming questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I took a programming test on Hackerrank.
    They contacted me to fly me out to California.
    Had two technical interviews and a "values" interview
    A few days after I came home they gave me an offer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter wanting to chat and do a phone screen with me to see if I was a good fit. After that decided to schedule a phone screen with the director of recruiting. Asked lots of questions, explained the role and told me I would hear from my recruiter about next steps.

My recruiter never reached back out to me and basically ignored me when I did ask for follow up. A month later still no feedback.

Terrible follow ups and providing feedback

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter in January 2018.

Interview

I applied the university grad position online and received email to complete coding challenge in one week. Never receive feedback. They may require to do coding first and then review your material.