Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2018

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

No process but endless interviews. There was the distinct impression of complete disarray and an entire company afflicted by ADD. Constant changes in needs and position titles sufficiently put an end to any clarity at all. Re-orgs are fine, but it assumes there's an 'org' first which is not a strength of the current company or management as far as I could tell.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a referral, was contacted by a recruiter, and then completed two phone interviews. The process seemed very efficient for me and there was not a long turnaround time. I only interacted with people over the phone and they were courteous and nice, with the exception of one engineer interviewer who was sort of gruff.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to simulate a fair coin given two biased coins. This problem was then extended to vary the head/tail probabilities of the given coins and the coin to simulate.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First took an online coding test. After I passed that, I had a phone screen about a week and a half later. I interviewed on-site about three weeks after the phone screen. The interviewers were great, the recruiter was great, and the questions were very reasonable.

The only negative aspect of the interview process was the delay time between the on-site and the offer. I received the offer about two weeks after the recruiter stated I would (through no fault of his own, however), despite disclosing that I had other offers on the table with deadlines. This really should have been handled more well, as it put me in a rather difficult position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was beyond my expectations. Negotiating wouldn't have even been remotely reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Very Professional. They were fast in asking for an interview. The lady I talked to was nice an polite. I felt that I got a positive vibe from the employees working there.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a email two days later. They gave me a pre-interview survey and a coding assessment online. Then afterwards supposedly, is a phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

I only got as far as the coding assessment. It was two algorithms you had to implement under an hour. Also, the assessment lets you use a language of your choice. I wonder what score I got, because I thought I didn't do too bad.

Anyway, I would suggest practicing coding and algorithms beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Don't want to share the actual coding questions. But, you know how to work with arrays and basic data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. They are very fast and responsive. I got an email from recruiter had initial chat. Sent over my resume and had two phone screens. The phone screen was technical.They use a tool similar to collab edit where they can run the code to see the result.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or out of the world.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

The process starts with a call from a recruiter. This is followed up with one to two technical phone interviews. Then if the process continues, you'll be brought in for an interview in the office. The process after that is a bit haphazard per internal politics.

Interview Questions

• most of the questions are technical in nature such as curry functions, organizing large data sets, or questions about scaling.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter with an invite to apply, which contained a code test. Code test was pretty challenging, 2 questions in 60 minutes. I actually did not get a 100% on the code test, but I still received an invite to the phone interview. There, I was asked about a project on my resume that interested the interviewer, which was then followed by a coding question. The interviewer did not provide much help during the duration of the interview. I was unable to provide a working solution for the coding question and received a reject a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email shortly asking for a phone interview. That interview was mainly a casual interview with a few basic technical questions. I then had two technical Skype interviews that involved coding on a mutually-visible editor online. These were with members of the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Questions

• Not a particular question, but the online editor threw me off a bit because they wanted me to only jot down notes about the questions in that editor, not on a sheet of paper, so I got self-conscious about what notes I wrote down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter (Boston, MA).

Interview

The take home question was to write a yaml parser.

Design gmail was the architecture question. We talked a lot about scaling and reliability.

Walk through resume line by line.

Talk with manager about why Twitter.