Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018

3.1

Content Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I applied to Twitter on May 22nd 2018, and was contacted by a recruiter a little over 2 weeks later on June 7th 2018. The recruiter asked if I could provide a few days and times that I would be available for a phone interview. I replied immediately with some times I was free, and got confirmation from him.

On the morning of my phone interview (I had put time aside and prepped extensively, as I felt the role was a very good fit for me), I got an email from the recruiter 10 MINUTES BEFORE the interview, cancelling. According to the recruiter, the reason for cancellation was because the role had just gone to offer. He stated in his email that if the position wasn't accepted, he would contact me again Friday. He also suggested that I let him know if i saw any other Twitter jobs that I felt would be a good fit for me.

I replied very shortly with a position I had been looking at that also suits my skillset: a Content Strategist position that has just been posted the day before.

I never received a response, and after sending 2 more follow-up emails over the next couple of weeks, I never heard from him again.

I am extremely disappointed with the level of professionalism that this recruiter maintained, and lack of respect for candidates. He should be representing Twitter, a company I was very excited to have an opportunity to be interviewing with. This sheds a bad light on the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Please answer ALL the application questions below:
      1.) Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
      2.) Will you now or in the future require Twitter’s sponsorship to continue or extend your current work authorization status?
      3.) Which offices/locations are you open to working in?
      4.) What are your current compensation expectations?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Great interview over the phone. Was told I would hear from them as things moved forward but never did. Emailed two weeks after the phone interview. Crickets. Very disappointing for a company this large to not even let you know if the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions on a phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes.   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview that lasted 25 minutes, was invited by email to interview in person at HQ. Met with three members of the team, had a follow up phone call. Was offered a job a week later.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about management style, trouble shooting problems, time management.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Online coding twitter challenge, test-7 invitation. It was a hacker-rank challenge. It was not hard but there were a lot of challenging questions. One sql question, one dynamic programming and one URL parsing question.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online, after 3 weeks they sent me an e-mail requesting more information and some informational questions about me (visa needed or not, compensation expectations). Phone interview was scheduled for 2-3 days later. Did the phone interview and thought it went ok. 2 days later I was given an automated message telling me they filled the role. LOL why interview me if you had somebody lined up? Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the Twitter platform? Describe some qualities of the users on Twitter. Designing a Twitter research study scenario.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

One manager in this SRE team is really disgusting. My worst experience so far. I passed all technical questions in the 1st round phone coding screening. This 2nd round is with the HM. behavioral questions mostly. He is so FAKE. He behaves like passing on to the next stage but rejected me 5 minutes later. Reading questions from a piece of paper with a faked voice. Writing notes while probably not hearing what I said. Looks like a politician, not a technical manager. Twitter looks too political internally at this impression. Really disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Twitter in April 2018.

Interview

WORSE INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE EVER!

Twitter rejected me without even testing my technical ability or seeing any code from me.

I received a reference. Twitter contacted me a month later. A hiring manager called with a condescending tone and treated me like I was lying about everything. I told him that I think Twitter is super important. In a I think you are lying tone, he said “How so?” I told him because now people can have their voice heard all over the world. He asked me about a difficult project I had worked on. I told him what I worked on. He acted like he did not believe me. How would I know all the steps if I didn’t do it? He can look up the steps and see I was telling the truth.

I got a email today saying that he did not see me as a fit and Twitter will not revisit my application for a year. I wish Twitter would not have wasted my time. I will never waste my time applying to Twitter again.

Interview Questions

• What is a tough project you have worked on?   1 Answer

Agency Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter in April 2018.

Interview

Only had the chance to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. She was very nice, the process to get the phone interview ran smoothly. I got the phone interview after cold emailing another person on the HR team and she was nice enough to pass on my resume.

Interview Questions

• If we were looking to find Auto Intenders on Twitter, how would you do that?   Answer Question
    • Walk through from start to finish how you would solve a problem you’re having.   Answer Question
    • There are two experiments:
      1) Retweets are up 10% but favorites are down 10%
      2) Retweets are down 10% but favorites are up 10%
      Which experiment would you go with and why?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was intense, but fair. I was asked about my work philosophy, to give examples of times I used my skills in specific situations, and why I want to work for the company. I met with many people in one day, but all were professional and polite.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitter in April 2018.

Interview

Worst interview experience. Seemed like it was pre-decided to reject me. The interviewer was extremely rude and had a bad tone. The questions were something like this - 1) What is your name ? and in a tone like she was talking to a servant. One of the worst questions was - What is the architecture of twitter product ? What surprised me is that - I am interviewing for twitter, how would I know what architecture would twitter have. Rather, I can describe the architecture of the products I have worked on. Such questions will give you an indication that it has been pre-decided to reject you. I am not sure whey do they waste time then.

I had not expected twitter to be like this.

Interview Questions

• What is the architecture of twitter product (in a bad tone)   1 Answer