Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Twitter in April 2018.

Interview

WORSE INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE EVER!

Twitter rejected me without even testing my technical ability or seeing any code from me.

I received a reference. Twitter contacted me a month later. A hiring manager called with a condescending tone and treated me like I was lying about everything. I told him that I think Twitter is super important. In a I think you are lying tone, he said “How so?” I told him because now people can have their voice heard all over the world. He asked me about a difficult project I had worked on. I told him what I worked on. He acted like he did not believe me. How would I know all the steps if I didn’t do it? He can look up the steps and see I was telling the truth.

I got a email today saying that he did not see me as a fit and Twitter will not revisit my application for a year. I wish Twitter would not have wasted my time. I will never waste my time applying to Twitter again.

Interview Questions

• What is a tough project you have worked on?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. I get a recruiter call. Instantly get rejected since I am the international student graduate who need the H1B to work here. I think they should put more discription in the job requirement.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got GHOSTED!! I had a phone 2 interviews & met with 5 other recruiters & hiring manager at Twitter. After a long day of interviewing & sent out my thank you emails the next day, I followed up with my recruiter & hiring manager but never heard back. I use Streak, so I saw that they read my emails a few times, but they literally ghosted me. This is such an amazing company & they need to learn how to communicate with their candidates. It’s been 7 months since in interviewed & still haven’t gotten a reject email. Lol. Really bad candidate experience!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

HackerRank test (unlimited time with a recommended max of 90 minutes, which I exceeded by a few minutes), phone interview, followed by a three onsite interviews (two technical, one culture fit). All interviews, with the exception of the HR test are conducted by the team you'd be working on if given an offer. There was a 3-4 month period between my original application (and HR test) and the follow up. The phone and onsite interviews were scheduled in quick succession, very well coordinated. Everyone I intereacted with strived to make me feel welcome and at ease.

Interview Questions

• Standard LC easy-medium algorithmic puzzles, with just a tad of design thrown in for good measure. Discussion centered around the up- and downsides of alternative approaches.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

One non-technical phone interview, one video call, two on-site interviews. All interviews were with the team I applied for. Everyone was friendly, and my recruiter got back to me within 24-36 hours of each interview.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I applied online and then I got a link to finish the OA in October . Then I got a rejection email in December. The total processing took about two months.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First rounds via phone/VC went very quickly, with good communication from HR.

Flew to San Francisco for an onsite day of six back to back interviews, and it was apparent from the get-go that this would not be a good fit. The first interviewer was so devoid of personality that it sapped my enthusiasm for the rest of the process. Several of the interviewers asked totally irrelevant questions that made it clear they had not read my resume and were not familiar with my experience; it felt like they were wasting my time, and vice versa, and was vaguely insulting. Left their office feeling pretty negative about working there.

After the onsite, HR went radio silent for four weeks before finally sending me a generic "thanks but no thanks" email. Why they waited a solid month to send that email is a mystery, but shows a distinct lack of respect for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about when you worked with _______" when I had already made it clear I had not worked with those teams.   Answer Question

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

In house recruiter reached out to me and within a few days, we did a phone screen. Lots of confusion and rescheduling. Interviewer was late to the interview. A quick intro about the position and the expectation, some technical questions, nothing really difficult. Code pairing, which really wasn't code pairing it was more like something that could be done with a command in shell. I got rather annoyed, knowing that in the role of an SRE, there is so little coding that is actually done by the SRE and if it is done it's to automate a process. I realized that the entire interview was going to be judged on that exercise and I just went ahead and basically blew it. Yep, I can code. Nope, it's not a major part of what an SRE does. Thirty minutes was the scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Write a program in whatever language you want that will add users and then add users to groups.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter and had 4 interview rounds. 1 phone screen, 2 video technical interview (ML Theory + Coding in SQL/Python/R, you decide the language), then an on-site interview round with 5 interviews of 45 minutes each (2 interviews with Data Scientists, lunch with another Data Scientist, an interview with a project manager and an interview with the Data Science Manager).

Everyone was very kind and very ethusiastic about their job, asked interesting and challenging questions and seemed very smart and capable.

As the Data Science position was for the product department, I had to face a lot of experimentation questions (A/B tests, metrics development...) instead of machine learning algorithms, which I imagine would be required for the Forecast and Modelling area, for example.

Interview Questions

• What would you change in Twitter app?
      How would you test if the proposed change is effective or not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

1 round technical assessment. Its a week long valid challenge. 4 technical questions. Most of them were easy. Some related to regular expressions. They are very slow to respond