Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2018

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

No process but endless interviews. There was the distinct impression of complete disarray and an entire company afflicted by ADD. Constant changes in needs and position titles sufficiently put an end to any clarity at all. Re-orgs are fine, but it assumes there's an 'org' first which is not a strength of the current company or management as far as I could tell.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a referral, was contacted by a recruiter, and then completed two phone interviews. The process seemed very efficient for me and there was not a long turnaround time. I only interacted with people over the phone and they were courteous and nice, with the exception of one engineer interviewer who was sort of gruff.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to simulate a fair coin given two biased coins. This problem was then extended to vary the head/tail probabilities of the given coins and the coin to simulate.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. They are very fast and responsive. I got an email from recruiter had initial chat. Sent over my resume and had two phone screens. The phone screen was technical.They use a tool similar to collab edit where they can run the code to see the result.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or out of the world.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a email two days later. They gave me a pre-interview survey and a coding assessment online. Then afterwards supposedly, is a phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

I only got as far as the coding assessment. It was two algorithms you had to implement under an hour. Also, the assessment lets you use a language of your choice. I wonder what score I got, because I thought I didn't do too bad.

Anyway, I would suggest practicing coding and algorithms beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Don't want to share the actual coding questions. But, you know how to work with arrays and basic data structures.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email shortly asking for a phone interview. That interview was mainly a casual interview with a few basic technical questions. I then had two technical Skype interviews that involved coding on a mutually-visible editor online. These were with members of the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Questions

• Not a particular question, but the online editor threw me off a bit because they wanted me to only jot down notes about the questions in that editor, not on a sheet of paper, so I got self-conscious about what notes I wrote down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Replied through employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. The recruiter contacted me and asked me to do a hour-long online coding challenge at HackerRank. There were two questions in total. Both were quite easy to solve however i overlooked overflowing issues with my code and didn't pass some of the test cases. The next day I received email the the recruiter saying I did not get to the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter (Boston, MA).

Interview

The take home question was to write a yaml parser.

Design gmail was the architecture question. We talked a lot about scaling and reliability.

Walk through resume line by line.

Talk with manager about why Twitter.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Given a n-by-n matrix, each cell has a value of either 0 or 1. A cell indicates a wall if its value is 1. give the length of the shortest path from M[0][0] to M[n-1][n-1]. You can move either up, down, left or right.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter in October 2014.

Interview

I got an internal referral by my friend. The recruiter contacted me through in 2 days, ask me to go through an online pre-screen where I have to solve two easy coding tests like binary tree traverse. 2 days after I passed that an phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview interviewer was nice and respectful. Two knowledge based question was aksed, then I was asked to solve a problem in an online code editor.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter after dropping my resume off at a CS career event at my school (Stanford). I was then invited to take an online coding test.

Interview Questions

• Given a two strings, return whether the second is an anagram of a palindrome of the first string.   2 Answers