Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.1

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Recruiter screen, hiring manager phone call, in-person interview, took three weeks. The in-person (four people) interviews were rushed, only 30 minutes per person and they usually showed up 5 minutes late. The first interviewer admitted that they had not reviewed my resume. The hiring manager asked the same questions as on the phone screen and I don't think they remembered talking to me a week prior.

The recruiter prepped me by telling me that I should be able to talk about the metrics I use to track the success of campaigns. The hiring manager never asked me about metrics.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, then onsite with him and 3 other co-workers. It was fine and the interview questions were fun to work through -- they give you some swag and a handwritten thank you note when you go onsite, which was a nice touch -- but the most frustrating part was that the process took *so long* to schedule the first phone screen (nearly 2 weeks from saying "yes" to the recruiter) that I already had 2 other strong job offers with deadlines. Wanted to consider the role there too, so I cleared a full day in my calendar before decisions on the other offers were due, it took them nearly 3 days to schedule interviews (which they notified me of the day before), I did the interviews, and then they ghosted on me. They knew about my deadlines so I'm assuming they aren't interested and I didn't get an offer, but I don't know for sure because they never told me one way or the other. I followed up with them the business day before my decisions on the other offers were due via email -- and never heard anything. It seems really discourteous to me to not at least let me know they weren't moving forward, given that I'd been very flexible and responsive with them. I had a similar experience with them years ago -- I chalked the first experience up to being an under resourced start up, now there's really no excuse.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. There were three interviews. The whole process took about 4 weeks. The first was an HR phone interview where she asked me about my background and some basic networking/Unix questions. The next round was a phone interview with hiring manager where he asked questions about my background, technical interests, projects etc. I was given a take home coding challenge. The challenge was a lot of fun to code and ended up finishing it in a couple days. A week later got a call from HR saying they liked my solution and would like to interview me onsite. Onsite interview was a set of 3 interviews of an hour each with 2 people from the team at a time. Interviewers were friendly, smart and overall was a very pleasant experience. Questions ranged from coding, OS/networking to scalability/architecture. They made an offer a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, and setup a phone interview with him first. Then I got a phone interview with someone from the team. Only did one hard question for 1 hour, about 24 Game. With his help, I was able to walk through the code.

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Phone conversation with hiring manager about research approach and thought process. Second phone call by member of team to evaluate technical skills. The mama her conversation was great, I felt the skills interview was very vague which tripped me up.

Interview Questions

• Imagine twitter released something that is not doing as well as expected. What would you do?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter in June 2017.

Interview

In a single day I got email from 2 recruiters from different teams.Started the process with one of the team ( As twitter has a policy that you cannot interview with 2 teams at the same time).Initial phone screen with the recruiter and then she told me a coding exercise will be sent to you which should take around 3 hours to complete. I completed the challenge in perfect time and optimized the code a lot and solved the problem completely. I was pretty sure I will make it to the next round, but after 2-3 days the recruiter sent me an email that she didnt not receive a positive feedback from the team.I was really shocked and asked for some feedback.
    Recruiter was really good as she took some time to provide me feedback(which no company does).She told me review was " Problem was solved completely and outputs were correct" but the person does not have OOPS skills and knowledge.I was shocked to read this as no where in the problem was specified that I have to use OOPS concepts and had freedom to code in any language(I choose python) . I am not sure how can you judge a person on OOPS skills even when I didn't even use OOPS concepts in my code. I could have easily coded that In JAVA if they wanted me to judge on that.

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise of a feature that Twitter already has in production.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the twitters job site. Recruiter reached out to me and we had a fantastic conversation. We set up a technical phone interview for couple of days later.

This is where things started to get bad. First of all, interviewer had a very cocky and unimpressed attitude. When talking about one of my projects he had a lot of condescending questions. Secondly, he refused to indicate what solution he wanted to get out of the questions he asked. You know how they say "Interviewers want you to succeed."? That certainly did not feel true going through this call. And thirdly, please don't use speaker phone and sit meters away from it. An interview isn't going well when I have to keep asking you to repeat your question.

I am glad however that I had this experience. It's always nice to weed out potential team members who you know you wouldn't get along with (I am sure in his own way he felt the same). I like teammates who are smart yet stay humble.

Don't be condescending to your candidates. You are coming in with all the context and existing knowledge possible to your interview question. The candidate does not have that luxury.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns a random element from a list. What happens when there's another thread writing to this list and you want to make get_random threadsafe?   Answer Question
    • How do you get a random line from a large file   Answer Question

Brand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen (applied through a employee referral), then I was assigned an assignment for a mock presentation, due within 72 hours.

Did the presentation within the alotted time, didn't hear back until 3 weeks later. Only to get rejected. No updates or transparency given along the way, and I have requested feedback as the original rejection email I was sent did not provide any feedback.

I wasted at least two days creating this presentation only to get a rejection. That's fine, but please provide feedback on what I can work on, do better, and focus on for next time.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initially recruiter calls and then the hiring manager or someone will call. Phone call went for an hour and the interviewer asked standard management related questions. Not a single technical question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Nothing related to technical. Only management related questions   1 Answer

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First round: Normal telephonic interview for 30 mins with HR, related to work experience and basic knowledge of salesforce.

Second Round: 45 mins Phone interview fully technical on salesforce as well as core coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Which methodologies have you worked on? Some more questions on methodologies.   Answer Question