Twitter Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

230 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, then onsite with him and 3 other co-workers. It was fine and the interview questions were fun to work through -- they give you some swag and a handwritten thank you note when you go onsite, which was a nice touch -- but the most frustrating part was that the process took *so long* to schedule the first phone screen (nearly 2 weeks from saying "yes" to the recruiter) that I already had 2 other strong job offers with deadlines. Wanted to consider the role there too, so I cleared a full day in my calendar before decisions on the other offers were due, it took them nearly 3 days to schedule interviews (which they notified me of the day before), I did the interviews, and then they ghosted on me. They knew about my deadlines so I'm assuming they aren't interested and I didn't get an offer, but I don't know for sure because they never told me one way or the other. I followed up with them the business day before my decisions on the other offers were due via email -- and never heard anything. It seems really discourteous to me to not at least let me know they weren't moving forward, given that I'd been very flexible and responsive with them. I had a similar experience with them years ago -- I chalked the first experience up to being an under resourced start up, now there's really no excuse.

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Phone conversation with hiring manager about research approach and thought process. Second phone call by member of team to evaluate technical skills. The mama her conversation was great, I felt the skills interview was very vague which tripped me up.

Interview Questions

• Imagine twitter released something that is not doing as well as expected. What would you do?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initially recruiter calls and then the hiring manager or someone will call. Phone call went for an hour and the interviewer asked standard management related questions. Not a single technical question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Nothing related to technical. Only management related questions   1 Answer

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First round: Normal telephonic interview for 30 mins with HR, related to work experience and basic knowledge of salesforce.

Second Round: 45 mins Phone interview fully technical on salesforce as well as core coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Which methodologies have you worked on? Some more questions on methodologies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

One phone screen with the team lead, then a coding assignment, and then onsites with the team. The recruiter was pretty quick to respond, and the whole team was great to work with. The negotiation process was very smooth.

People Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very nice Recruiter called me after I applied for a position online. She was helpful in saying that I was qualified for a different position which I thought was really generous of her. I had the phone interview and that was very intense with very specific situational questions on the position. Something I would expect in the onsite interview. I made it to the onsite interview and met with seven people during lunch and they didn't let me get lunch or take me to lunch. I missed paid work for four hours to go to this interview. They were all very nice and seemed interested but then I never heard back after I sent thank you emails. I sent a follow up to the recruiter and she let me know after a several days that when with other candidates. I got the impression that they already had someone they wanted for the position and just wasted my time and hopes. But I get it I suppose.

Interview Questions

• How is your reporting experience with Workday? Are you able to proactive run reports to help HRBPs and other teams have the data they need to make forward thinking decisions?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with a recruiter and one with another executive assistant, that were very similar with a focus on discussing the contents of my resume. Both interviewers were extremely nice and both interviews went very well. The next step of the interview process will be to meet face to face.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the recruiter a couple of weeks later. A phone screen meeting was scheduled, however, the recruiter was a no-show. I reached out to him via email and he apologized profusely. We rescheduled the phone screen the following week, again, the recruiter was a no-show. I withdrew my candidacy, too many red flags.

Corporate Function Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One of the worst and slowest processes. The recruiter spoke with me in Nov for a position. Two weeks later I get a rejection email and again in two weeks this person reaches out to me to schedule a discussion ( don't know if the earlier rejection was by mistake or design). He struggles back and forth for 3 weeks to get a time slot from hiring manager. Schedules changes twice due to the unavailability of hiring manager. Then finally the interview happens over phone. I agreed for the call during holiday break as I could visibly see the effort this recruiter was putting. The manager was calling me from home. In last 15 min's of the call he wasn't even listening to what I'm talking as he was busy managing his kids. I completely lost my interest there. I wasted my 45 mins which I'm not going to get back in life.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly on skills that you have added in your resume. Some situations around that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was 5 minutes late to the interview and he said he was startled by some news just before the interview. Not so enjoyable, had to debug some code and fix it.

Interview Questions

• Debug code and fix it on a online tool which is not great for debugging.   Answer Question