Twitter Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 1,206.0 interviews

Recruiter20%
Other20%
HardAverageEasy

Twitter

Application

I interviewed at Twitter

Interview

Relatively easy process, but individuals were a bit rude and so focused on Zoom and the appearance of being busy it wasn’t helpful. I was the only one in the actual industry that they were attempting to cater to. Was surprised by their lack of knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • How would I suggest getting twitter used on television more often?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Got selected without any internal reference Applied via LinkedIn Made it to final round - Total 3 rounds 1. Telephonic screening with hiring manager 2. Technical interview - 4 , onsite 3. Final Presentation for take home assignment

Interview Questions
  • They gave a take home assignment, provided a list of priorities and asked to develop a presentation to create a roadmap, priority
3 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Twitter

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2017

Interview

Recruiter reached out after I attended a machine learning Twitter meet-up. Interview with the recruiter went really well. The first technical interview with a member of the team went even better. I was pretty pumped and excited to interview the hiring manager... until he cancelled on me twice. Cancelling is a nice way to say it. He just did not call. No email to let me know he'd miss the call, no apology, nothing. When he called the third time around, he asked one unique behavioral question "Why did Amazon purchase Whole Foods?". That's it. Did not give me any time to ask my own questions. He had a really bad attitude, was condescending and somehow rude. The recruiter ended up apologizing on his behalf. I definitely dodged a bullet, what a nightmare reporting to that kind of boss. Just another confirmation that Twitter middle management is not well run and the recruiting process is inconsistent.

Interview Questions
  • Why did Amazon purchase Whole Foods?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2015

Interview

I came in through a referral then a phone screen with a recruiter. This review pertains to a phone screen with the hiring manager, a Director of Product Management.

Interview Questions
  • What app feature would you spec if you had 2 weeks of engineering time to realize it and no other constraints?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2013

Interview

Interview process: 1) Phone screen with a recruiter This was a standard introductory conversation about what my background is, what I'm looking for, and why I'm interested in Twitter. 2) Phone screen with the hiring manager Questions --What is the most challenging part of product management? --Give an example of a hunch you had and how you tested or quantified it. --How do you decide what experiments to run and balance between intuition and measurement? 3) On site interview with 6 people (1:1) Panel --3 senior product managers, 2 engineering managers, 1 engineering senior director Questions --Case/brainstorming: how would you increase engagement for new members? --Case/brainstorming: how would you improve messaging (email, push notifications) --Give an example of a time you've failed. --How would you improve the registration process? --How would you decide whether to launch a feature, and once launched, whether or not to continue it? 4) 2nd on site interview with 6 people (1:1) Panel --hiring manager, senior product manager, design manager, VP of product, senior engineering manager, senior developer Questions --How would you balance infrastructure and product feature development in your roadmap? --What is the most challenging project you've worked on? --What is the project you're most proud of? --What is an app that you like and why? How would you apply this to Twitter? --How would you convince someone to run an experiment? --If you had unlimited resources, what would you do at Twitter? --What was (my previous company's) most bold and impactful product decision over the past year?

Interview Questions
  • Because they are so standard, the behavioral questions can be difficult to answer well. Think of some creative and genuine responses for these when you prepare.
33 people found this interview helpful

Twitter

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter

Interview

Twitter followed very good process for interview. Got an eMail within days after submitting resume. Had 2 phone screens. Got back to me saying that they were not going to move forward. I appreciated it. In the end 2nd interviewer said they were looking for a PMO sort of manager. This was a let down, I have been clear starting from recruiter that PMO is not my interest. I think 2 interviewers had a disconnect about what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were relatively easy trying to understand my background and experience
3 people found this interview helpful