Twitter Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Twitter Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.1

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in February 2017.

Interview

Process involved a one hour technical interview (over Google hangout), which went well. Next round was a 3 hr. interview, two technical, one behavioral, which went ok. Didn't get an offer, I guess the candidate pool was pretty competitive

Interview Questions

• How would you implement Depth First Search for a graph?   Answer Question
  • 2 Eggs, 100 Floors question   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Twitter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was 5 minutes late to the interview and he said he was startled by some news just before the interview. Not so enjoyable, had to debug some code and fix it.

Interview Questions

• Debug code and fix it on a online tool which is not great for debugging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY).

Interview

Very slow interview process. After nearly two months, I just received a "decision" email asking to complete a survey. Probably going to have to wait until the end of March for another "decision" email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

applied through website and got contacted 2 month later for video call. Problems were fairly easy and we discussed about some projects I had done. They asked some questions around scala and spark.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

University Recruiter invited to Coding Challenge via email. 3 questions, 1 SQL and 2 you could program in the language of your liking. Didn't like platform though, program worked for me but not in their compiler, so there wasn't much I could do to fix anything.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online, got hackerrank test and passed all test cases. Got a reply saying the application decisions will be released in December 21. The test was not hard and gave a lot of time. The decisions seem to come out quite late.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Twitter attended the fall career fair at my university and I dropped in my resume in person. A month later I was contacted by a recruiter that said that one of the Engineering Managers was interested in interviewing me for an internship with his team (Advertiser Experience).

Interview Questions

• Given a series of events and times for those events, you need to filter out and create buckets according to whichever inputs for event and time intervals were given.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me for a software engineer position. The 1st step choice was between a coding challenge and phone screen. I chose coding challenge. Turns out I had to setup my development environment specifically for this, and to top that I wasn't given any instructions.
    I believe an environment independent tool (website like hackerrank etc.) would've worked perfectly here.
    Anyway, this taking a while, I opted for the technical phone screen. It was not a coding interview. The interviewer asked me to explain, find bugs and fix a piece of code that she was working on. Which I did, and also asked insightful questions. Don't know what the interviewer was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Explain code, and fix bug in boggle game solver implementation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online. They sent me a hackerrank online coding challenge, solved all of the questions. Then waited for a month and half for them to finally email me back with a survey for next steps. Then waited about 2 more weeks before receiving rejection. Not sure what happened there. But there wasn't a specific recruiter or an email I could talk to so not even sure if my application was further processed or just given up on because of delay in time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Twitter in October 2016.

Interview

Hi All,

This review is not only for people who are getting calls from twitter buy specially for twitter recruiters and HR individuals, so if you got to hear what / how we feel you must work on it.

First, receiving call / coding round is big thing for all job seekers. But twitter is way different then any other major IT organisation. Reason, IMO, HR just sends a bulk mail to ones who are in luck if they are interested, so it NOT like other organisations when they genuinely interested in you but rather HR doing their Job of asking if you wanna move forward. BIG TURN DOWN FOR ME HERE.

Second, WTF is coding round? Genuinely I am so so done after looking at your coding questions, which I am going to put down anyways. Is that how twitter selects candidates? Do you guys think, that what we as a candidate prepare 10's of hours to get those question? IMO, check Hackerank, Amazon, Google test else forget about asking Algorithmic question.

I feel, there is whole lot things, to improve on their recruitment strategy (as I was recruiter myself for lil bit of time), I am not saying it has to go by my way, but TWITTER is a BIG NAME in IT industry, try behaving like one. If we as a candidates receives call from you, I am not sure about you but we are genuinely interested and give our heart and soul for it, until such misery strikes us.

Question are as follows, and please put a sincere effort of making reasonable questions. For me Twitter lost the respect I had after this round. So not a very positive experiences here.

Interview Questions

• Sort an Array to find the max combination of subset in it less then a given value.
       int maxSum(int a[], int limit){

}
      1 Answer
    • One SQL query man? Twitter asking SQL query on Coding round, Yes you read it write. LOL   1 Answer
    • This is only genuine question.
      Given start / end dates, and a list of logs, Find, all action taken between this these dates and return it.
      1 Answer