Two Sigma Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Two Sigma Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Two Sigma

3.3

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

Got a phone call asking about the basic information. It's not technical and they will quickly introduce about their company. Then get two questions. The questions are same with the other ones. One is the sort word and letter, another is distributed backup.

Other Interview Reviews for Two Sigma

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Two Sigma.

Interview

First step is a short telephone interview last about 20 minutes with HR. The main question is about your resume, and your background. The second step is doing an online coding test in two hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a Hackerrank question. Upon completion, I had a phone screen with the recruiter where they asked technical questions, and afterwards I went on-sight for a day-long interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Two Sigma?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Two Sigma.

Interview

Online application followed by coding challenge followed by phone screen with an engineering VP. Generally a week's time between each stage. The phone screen was an hour long and consisted of 2 technical questions followed by a coding problem.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma in November 2017.

Interview

I was first invited to do the coding challenge. I got a phone call from HR and then a phone interview. The interviewer was a senior software engineer and was really awesome.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between threads and processes. Briefly describe linux pipeline mechanism.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma in October 2018.

Interview

After applying, I got a call in 7 days to complete the coding round of the interview. The coding round had 2 questions which were supposed to be solved in 90 minutes. The platform was HackerRank.

Interview Questions

• Solve 2 coding questions related to permutation of arrays and string manipulations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied on the website and got a link for a hackerrank test from the recruiter after 2 weeks. Although I did fine, I got rejected because one test case failed for the second question. Quite a bummer.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium using DFS and easy question using strings.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma.

Interview

Passed the online assessment, phone interviews. But while scheduling on-site (super day), the recruiter just STOP reply to any of my emails. I don't know what's going on and this is VERY unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• 1 round phone interview with all technical question, 1 coding   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Coding challenge followed by onsite (some people have to pass a phone screen after the challenge). Onsite was 2 technical interviews in the morning followed by 3 behavioral interviews in the afternoon . The behavioral interviews can turn into technical discussions about abstract problems. Some of the other interviewees did a bit of coding during the behavioral interviews as well.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to dive deep into technical decisions you've made on past projects. Also be prepared to think through abstract design problems. I ended up making a bijection to an NP-Complete problem for a prompt during my behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I was sent a coding challenge. I seemed to have done fine on it, so I was set up for a phone interview. After that, I was flown in to their HQ in NY for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Friend circle question (can be found online)   1 Answer