TxDOT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Structural Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via TXDOT website. After that I received a phone call interview that took about 15 minutes. Question had to do with a structural analysis questions. Very few general questions.

Interview Questions

• Very Technical Question I cannot remember but required me to do some calculations. By my standard I felt it was unfair.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was greeted with a lock door and struggled to get anyone to answer the phone so the door could be unlocked. I tried knocking on the door. I was give a list of questions to study for a few minutes and then I started to answer.
    It seems like the questions were very straight forward but rating the answers could be very subjective.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your roadway experience.   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted me quickly after online application. The head geologist interviewed me. I was shown around the premises then brought to a conference room. It was a pleasant experience, although an odd interview. There were around 8 questions on a piece of paper that I was told to answer while the man transcribed what I said. I was able to go back at the end of the interview and add any information I felt necessary to each question.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle receiving a task to which you did not know how to handle?   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT.

Interview

TxDOT's interviewing process is standardized. Each candidate gets exactly an hour to answer a set amount of questions. The questions were predetermined before the position was made available for the public to apply for it. Each question is scored to select the candidate to receive a job offer. The majority of the questions are typical interview questions: What classes have you taken, What experience do you have, Whats the most challenging problem that you have encountered, etc. After the typical interview questions, there was 1 or 2 simulation questions to test your basic knowledge of engineering. It could be look over a CAD drawing and state what you see, determine the flexural capacity of a concrete beam, or how to read a work schedule. Overall the interview was very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most challenging problem that you have encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TxDOT (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took two months to get an interview. Had to drive three hours for interview. Took additional two weeks to here back from interviewer. Wasn't given the opportunity to give any references or reference letters. Interviewer called after interview and asked a couple of different questions over a three week period then I never heard from her again. Not sure what happened.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Meet representative at a job fair and applied online. First had a brief phone interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between financial and managerial accounting?   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Entry level role so the manager gives you the questions in advance but only a couple of minutes to look over them. There was 2 people conducting the interview, 1 asking questions and another taking notes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between financial and managerial accounting   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call for face to face interview. Interview panel was very friendly. They gave a questionnaire, and I was given time to think over it and write down my thoughts. When I started speaking, the panel started taking notes; so not much eye contact. Questions were mostly related to how your education and experience can contribute to the Company. Very good panel. I had a great time conversing with them.

Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was given an interview appointment over the phone and attended the interview. Questions were pretty easy. I was told I would hear back from them after two weeks. when I didn't hear back from them after two weeks and I sent an email inquiring the status of my interview result and there was no reply.

Interview Questions

• what skills do you bring for this position   1 Answer