TxDOT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.3

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transportation Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT in May 2017.

Interview

Easy interview, still waiting for approval or denial but they say it takes awhile to hear back. I was told to keep applying no matter what, dont discouraged. The supervisors were very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about safety?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the department head a week later. All interns were asked 6 standard question for the position. Got the offer letter a week later.

Interview Questions

• What does access control mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later get a phone call asking basic questions regarding my major and how many hours I had taken as well as what degree I was pursuing. About 5 days later get a call from HR to do a phone interview, questions were pretty straight forward a total of 6 questions, all potential candidates were asked the same 6 questions. Process took about a week and a half then I was out on the job site.

Interview Questions

• What is the main purpose of TxDOT?
      How do you build a strong relationship with someone who's been working there longer than you?   Answer Question

Structural Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via TXDOT website. After that I received a phone call interview that took about 15 minutes. Question had to do with a structural analysis questions. Very few general questions.

Interview Questions

• Very Technical Question I cannot remember but required me to do some calculations. By my standard I felt it was unfair.   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Odessa, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. Apparently once my resume was selected, I had already been chosen for the job. My "interview" was a formality. I arrived in a suit and tie, yet I was interviewed by an engineer in jeans and a golf shirt.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you had a task or project to complete within a time limit. What were some problems you encountered? How did you resolve them? Did you complete the task?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT.

Interview

Pretty simple process with a 3-person panel. Questions are given in advance and candidates are given opportunity to look them over, think through answers. Answers are scored by each member of the panel and totaled after the process.

Interview Questions

• The question had something to do with my willingness to stay late in the event of an issue arising that would require my attention after hours.   1 Answer

Bridge Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Euless, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

There were two engineers asked me about my experience of working in fields and If I feel comfortable to get dirty while i was studying my PhD at that time.

Interview Questions

• I told i do not have any experience and I would like to learn new things and it does not matter if get dirty.   Answer Question

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX).

Interview

Smooth and to the point. I was ask a series of questions based on my experience and I was hired the next day. Questions involved my experience in the networking/Helpdesk arena. I fortunately had been through every senario they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with ticketing systems and expain.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What pay rate was I looking for and what was the lowest I could settle with.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Very structured, ask the same questions to all candidates for the job, and was scored depending on the response to the questions. It seemed like there were alot of applicants for the position. It helps if you know someone who works for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what civil engineering is, Explain like you are telling someone who has no engineering experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked to go to main office. Interviewer asked typical behavioral question and also about my college experience and previous internships. Nothing technical and fairly standard.

I applied online and a few weeks later I received a phone call from TxDOT and they asked me to schedule an interview at the HQ.