Tyco Finance Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tyco Finance Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was employed by the company in a different position, so I was an internal candidate. I had been with the company for 12 years working in several different positions, so I had a lot to offer (technical background, MBA, knowledge of back-office systems, and business operations).

I approached the hiring manager to discuss the open position. Initially, he was apprehensive about considering me for the position, and rightfully so, as I had no experience in finance yet. However, because of my extensive knowledge of the company and systems, he decided to interview me. Ultimately, he selected me for the position, and I'm very pleased he did.

I've enjoyed working in the position for the past year, as it has provided me yet another new perspective on the company's operations.

Interview Questions

• I cannot really recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, being an internal candidate, there was very little room for negotiation. I had to accept the offer I was given.

Other Interview Reviews for Tyco

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions

• If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyco in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was more of a behavioral questions, trying to know who you are and how your background and experience can best fit into the organization needs. My classmate who got an offer only went through 2 interviews, one on campus and the other at Tyco head office.