Tyco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

VMware Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Princeton, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

submitted my resume to a recruiter, was contacted about a week later and had a phone screen scheduled a couple of weeks after that. phone screen was very technical followed by an in person at tyco in princeton with the Director of Platform services. interview went well and lead engineer mentioned pushing to get the role moving but was contacted a day later indicating i did not have as strong "enterprise" experience as they had expected though i work for the DoD and in my prior role was an infrastructure engineer focused on virtualization for a 50k plus user environment with multiple global datacenters. this role has been open for some time and tyco has had issues filling it.

Interview Questions

• what is sioc? have you used update manager?
      describe drs, vmotion etc?
      what is evc?
      have you ever assisted in clustering sql server or other databases?
      how would you recommend a solution?
      do you have a preference for hardware?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied the job online, and got a call from recruiter in about one week. Had onsite interview three weeks later. The interview process took 3 hours plus a lunch session. There are four 40 minutes interview sessions. The people in the interview were wonderful and laid back. The manager asked about my technique background. The three code sessions are not very difficult. They asked a few algorithm questions.

They have never told me the result of my application. I am not sure what happened.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyco (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a different person than initially referred to. He was very experienced however I had to steer the interview on my own. The questions were based on my resume.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with HR on the phone. Second interview with two hiring manager on the phone as well. The interview last about one hour, the first part they inquire about soft skills, leadership, teamwork, and work experience, in over all this part was easy and the lady was very nice and respectful. The second part they focus on technical questions, the other hiring manager was a little bit rude. The technical questions felt like a CPA test, you have to respond immediately without time to analyze your responses.

Interview Questions

• 1) Can you list few inventory valuations methods?   Answer Question
    • 2) What journal entries will you perform for the following transactions: a) issues purchase to vendor to order inventory. b) receive inventory, no invoice. c) invoice come to accounting record. paid the invoice.   Answer Question
    • 3) Describe the percentage of completion method for revenue recognition   Answer Question
    • 4) What controls will you implement in the purchasing process?   Answer Question
    • 5) What are the major risk in revenue recognition process?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyco (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was by phone with a company recruiter checking resume, experience, and if I met the job description. Then they called back to schedule an in person, at the local branch. Very professional staff, and interviewer was polite yet right to the point. Did not make any promises, took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What base salary do you expect?   1 Answer

Interview

I have been in the field for almost 10 years and been running my own work for 4 years and know that simplex is the best company to go to work for and would like to try. I am very fast at installation and do the best quality work that I can. I take in pride in my work and like to look at my work when I'm done because it makes me feel good to know that I did it.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Very brief, did not set a positive tone or first impression. Although I had prepared thoroughly, I was unable to use any of the information. Recruiter spent the time educating me on the company and asking why I would want the job.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Evansville, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed within 2 weeks of sending in my resume and filling out an application
    Was told after the interview, they would call me to let me know one way or the other about the position.
    2 months later, I am still calling and leaving emails to both managers I interviewed with... NO ANSWERS.
    NO RESPONSES. NO COMMUNICATIONS...
    Honestly, if this is how they treat their prospects, I'd hate to see how they communicate with their employees especially if there is something they don't want to deal with...
    After all, HOW HARD is it to tell someone that they hired someone more qualified than you???
    I have no problem being told that.. No matter HOW high of an opinion you have of yourself, you are NEVER the best....

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Simplex/Grinnell/Tyco?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. I met the hiring manager at a Starbucks near the Irvine headquarters. He asked behavior questions, and a lot of questions involving my past experience in sales. He was very professional, and I dressed to impress. He explained the companies expectations and what the company expects in a sales role.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to close him in the end of the interview.   1 Answer

Talent Management Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question