Tyco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyco (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Depends on how your background check and drug test goes. Once you pass that someone will call, where you will have phone interview and then they move through the next process.

Interview Questions

• What type of customers have you handled?   1 Answer

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tyco (Worcester, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 interviewers, both of whom were managers. One was the R&D manager and the other was the Engineering Manager. They were very focused on my project work and asked questions pertaining to that.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyco (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a different person than initially referred to. He was very experienced however I had to steer the interview on my own. The questions were based on my resume.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Began with a phone call, then an in person interview with at first the hiring manager and then again with a different manager within the office. At the end of that received a brief tour of the office layout and was offered the job at that point.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and why?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Where I saw myself in 5 years.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? My biggest strength   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy they offered a salary that was acceptable to me.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with HR on the phone. Second interview with two hiring manager on the phone as well. The interview last about one hour, the first part they inquire about soft skills, leadership, teamwork, and work experience, in over all this part was easy and the lady was very nice and respectful. The second part they focus on technical questions, the other hiring manager was a little bit rude. The technical questions felt like a CPA test, you have to respond immediately without time to analyze your responses.

Interview Questions

• 1) Can you list few inventory valuations methods?   Answer Question
    • 2) What journal entries will you perform for the following transactions: a) issues purchase to vendor to order inventory. b) receive inventory, no invoice. c) invoice come to accounting record. paid the invoice.   Answer Question
    • 3) Describe the percentage of completion method for revenue recognition   Answer Question
    • 4) What controls will you implement in the purchasing process?   Answer Question
    • 5) What are the major risk in revenue recognition process?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyco (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was by phone with a company recruiter checking resume, experience, and if I met the job description. Then they called back to schedule an in person, at the local branch. Very professional staff, and interviewer was polite yet right to the point. Did not make any promises, took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What base salary do you expect?   1 Answer

Sprinkler Service Fitter Or Installer Interview

Interview

I have been in the field for almost 10 years and been running my own work for 4 years and know that simplex is the best company to go to work for and would like to try. I am very fast at installation and do the best quality work that I can. I take in pride in my work and like to look at my work when I'm done because it makes me feel good to know that I did it.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Interview

I applied for the Senior account executive position, recruiters calls me gushing about my resume. We get to talking and I give them my requirements knowing there's a number in my head I'll compromise with.
    Well I talk to my potential manager, then he has me to talk to his boss who tells me the actual position I applied for wasn't actually available and they posted it to get applicants in the door.....recruiter calls me and tells me offer is ready to be made, I think great! Well the offer was really low, not sure how anyone could live off of that salary. They said they were fighting to get more by kept pushing me to sign offer letter. I will not sign an offer without a firm offer. Never heard back from them!

Interview Questions

Low offer! They don't negotiate. They say they will and then go silent.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Very brief, did not set a positive tone or first impression. Although I had prepared thoroughly, I was unable to use any of the information. Recruiter spent the time educating me on the company and asking why I would want the job.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Evansville, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed within 2 weeks of sending in my resume and filling out an application
    Was told after the interview, they would call me to let me know one way or the other about the position.
    2 months later, I am still calling and leaving emails to both managers I interviewed with... NO ANSWERS.
    NO RESPONSES. NO COMMUNICATIONS...
    Honestly, if this is how they treat their prospects, I'd hate to see how they communicate with their employees especially if there is something they don't want to deal with...
    After all, HOW HARD is it to tell someone that they hired someone more qualified than you???
    I have no problem being told that.. No matter HOW high of an opinion you have of yourself, you are NEVER the best....

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Simplex/Grinnell/Tyco?   1 Answer