Tyco Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tyco Sales Representative Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to present job. He then arranged a quick phone interview/screening. Did interview with 2 sales managers at local office in Chicagoland area. Then follow up interview and was given verbal offer. After security check, finger printing, drug screen, I checked out their benefits and the crappy territory and moved on. The recruiter was kind of nasty about it and tried to talk me out of it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tyco

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyco (Richardson, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Normal interview and then got a job offer a couple of days later. I had a phone interview with the Regional Sales Director and then a face to face interview with the District Manager. They all seemed like normal people. However, once I stated working there, it was evident that all the other team members were very unhappy. The overall interview experience was fine, but was not a true reflection of the job or the office atmosphere

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good at this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Tucson, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

I got a call from a very nice recruiter. She said she had sent my resume to the regional manager and he wanted to speak with me right away. I told he could go ahead and call anytime. He called me a couple of hours later; very nice guy. He asked me about my experience and may resume. He then asked me how I would go about selling a customer. I told him I would start by asking questions. He then said "I find that hard to believe, you have talked a lot during this interview." Well he did ask about me and my experience; I took it as something he used it as something to throw me off. I then asked him some closing question: Would agree that I have the experience and track record you're looking for? He said yes. I said good so what is our next step. He said well if you make it to the next step you will have to take the Chally test. Then he gave me his selling philosophy. "He said most people have the perception of sales people as tall, handsome, and fast talking people." "I believe that sales people need to really take care of the needs of the customer." I said I totally agree but I must warn you, I am kind of handsome. He laughed and said I would probably move to the next level.

A couple hours later the recruiter called me and said he really liked me and I would get another interview. In the mean time they would send me the Chally test. Got the test took it on Friday got a call on Monday that they had lowered the field to me and two others and I had scored the highest on the test. The interview was to be on Thursday at 9:00 AM and they wanted me prepare a presentation on how I would do the job in the first 90 days. I did quite a bit of research and put together what I thought was a good presentation.

Thursday at 9:00 I met the operations manager and the regional guy I had talked to on the phone. The asked a lot of questions, I also talked a lot and everything for the first hour and forty five minutes seemed to be going very well. Then I asked what had happened to the previous rep and the rep before that? Neither rep had lasted a full year but I have been in the business for a while many reps don't make it. Then I asked what the territory sales were; the number was so small I blurted out: HOW DO YOU PLAN TO PAY ME ON THOSE KIND OF SALES? They said well how much money do you need? I gave them a hard number which was dumb and the whole tone of the interview changed.(the recruiter had told me the number) I asked what the thought of my presentation? Which was a step by step of how I would go about selling some of the market segments. The Regional said he was really looking for a 90 day decision matrix. Beautiful, a decision matrix, okay. Then he began asking me some accountability questions: call reports and such and now my mood had changed and I was no longer interested and they were not either. Basically, I walked out of the meeting without shaking any hands.