Tyler Technologies Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Consisted of an on site technical screening (a written test on OOP and some SQL), followed by a 30 minute non-technical interview. The non-technical interview was with 2 people and was pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• Techincal: write a method to create a binary tree from a sorted input array. Try to limit the height of the tree.

Personal: Why do you think sets you apart from the other canidates looking for an internship here?
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got invited to a technical screening test which was about a 7 page test with some coding, programming concepts, and a little bit of database stuff. After this I had a one-on-one casual interview in which I just talked about myself a little bit. After they said they would contact me by a certain date, I never heard from them so I followed up and they replied saying I am moving on to the final round which was a video interview where they asked me all about myself, my resume, and my experience with two hiring managers. They said I would hear back either way on a certain date and I never heard back even after following up.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to insert a sorted array into a binary tree, try to make the tree as balanced as possible (if you can, not required).   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

A phone screen from HR
    Then a 2 hour classroom style written test for technical screen. There were about 12 questions on Object oriented programming , Sql querying and a programming question.
    A face to face Interview with 3 sets of people - one hour of technical round , one hour with functional analysts and one hour with the managers.

Interview Questions

• Design a class diagram for a library system   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

They start with a twenty question test on various programming questions and they let you use whatever language you like. The test was fairly easy, just like normal interview progrmaming questions. After the test, they will have a brief in-person interview with you. They are friendly and the whole experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe what polymorphism is.   1 Answer

Payroll Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

1st interview was by phone. 2nd interview was in person, scheduled for 2 hours with two managers present. After the interview they thanked me for my time. At that point I knew I didn't get the job because why would an potential employer thank you for your time? They would consider it a privilege because you will be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA).

Interview

Overall, the process was not too difficult. There was a technical screening and then interview. Strangely, there was not a single technical question in the personal interview. I don't know how they measure the skills of an entering candidate. But people were good and cooperative.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was: "What song would you choose if you were selected for American Idol". I don't know how that relates to a software engineering job.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Like a test in school. Problems are really really easy. People are nice.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

I just came back from their interview of summer intern and waiting for next step, and it's the first interview of my life. I like them so far. (If they give me the internship I'll like them more lol!)

First I submitted my resume on 12/16, and they email me to go to their technical screen on 12/19, it's a bit rush. When I get there, there are about 20 applicants, and we take a paper test, like a midterm in college, no time limit. It is not very hard but there are still some question I can not answer. Anyway, easy doesn't matter because if it's easy, everyone feels easy.

All guys there wear a blue t-shirt says "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.", very casual place.

After the test, you talk to a guy, he/she(I talked with Christina) will ask you some question, not technical, like "why you choose CS as your major?" "what motivate you?" I am not prepared so I answered "get a job" lol. I thought it was just a chat, fail. Finally, you get a t-shirt and back home waiting for update.

In general it's a very comfort interview. I like them.

Interview Questions

• None yet, I think I did bad but it's just me, I am not well prepared lol.   1 Answer

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

There was 1 phone screen and 2 in person interviews.
    The phone screen was really basic, a lot of fit questions. Was contacted for an in person interview about 1 week later. The 1st in person interview was a 1:1 with the HR rep, then a panel with 2 people from the department. Mostly questions about my experience and goals. Some behavioral questions, but no technical questions.. I followed up after the interview via email and got no response for several weeks. Finally was contacted to come in for a second interview. The 2nd interview was with 4 people from the department. Mostly just refresher questions from the first interview. Received an offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to communicate in person or via email? Why?   1 Answer

SDET- Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Renton, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

Some programming and test related question